• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird Shapewriter problem

I think this has happened since I upgraded Android to 2.1, certainly hadn't noticed it before:

When I have Shapewriter enabled, the part of my screen where the keyboard would usually appear, tracks my touch movements very jerkily. If I disabled Shapewriter it tracks smoothly just like the rest of the screen. Enable it again and it goes back to jerky tracking, almost like it only picks up my movement as it goes from key-space to key-space.

This isn't just when typing, it's when scrolling without text input active, doing anything basically.

Has anyone had this / knows a solution? I would rather not ditch Shapewriter if I can avoid it, I've been using it for months and grew to love it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones