Weird sound when on a callSupport

Last Updated:

1. TheDeathly

TheDeathly New Member This Topic's Starter

So... i just got my new droid last friday, extremely excited i start customizing it and stuff. i get google voice all nice and ready... then out of the blue when im on a phone call it sounds like a tea kettle is just going off in the background. It has to be the most annoying thing it the freaking world. Could this just be a hardware problem? should i bother returning it or should i just get used to it?

Advertisement
  2. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

I had this on my first Droid, had no other problems... exchanged it anyway, because someone said it fixed it for them. My second droid turned itself off at random, several times a day, so I exchanged that one before I even got a chance to make enough calls to test things out. My third droid still makes the noise, but I think it happens less often. I don't make enough calls to really test things, and didn't get any answers from a Verizon tech about what might be causing it ("oh, you're within 30 days? go replace it" - anything to avoid escalating a problem)

... some suspects were interference and some sort of feedback bug (does the droid have more than one mic?).

here's a thread on the motorola forum:
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/17508

3. TheDeathly

So it wouldnt be worth going through the trouble of replacing it? i was in my office when it happened, right next to a computer. when i was in my room and not in the office it wasnt there. ill keep testing though

4. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

I think i've only had the problem at home, and we have lots of computers and electronics and wireless networks and such, though I'm not always in a room full of technology when it happens. I don't think it's ever happened while I was out. Again, I don't make a lot of calls... I suspect interference, but one guy on the motorola forum said that plugging in a headset made it immediately go away... so the noise canceling/feedback issue holds water, too.

5. TheDeathly

Hmm alright. I'm going to the store today anyways. I fail at putting screen Protectors on