Weird soundSupport

Last Updated:

1. rhusba2

rhusba2 New Member This Topic's Starter

i sound weird to myself when im talking into the phone. almost like its echoing or something. seems to usually only happen while im driving.
    any suggestions???

Advertisement
  2. skipster

skipster Well-Known Member

Um... perhaps don't use the phone while driving?

3. fluffyfrogg

fluffyfrogg Member

I know exactly what you mean! This happens to me as well. It happened with my first fascinate and now with my second one as well. The funny thing is it usually happens when I'm driving also xD

idk what it is or what it could be but the person I'll be talking to at the time says I sound fine. It just sounds weird on my end.

4. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member

Talk using your left ear if you are going to talk while driving and can handle giving up your left hand. Being so close to the window its probably just bounce back being picked up from your window, that or have someone else drive and use your right ear, haha.

You can try adjusting your privacy settings, speaker volume, call volume etc etc, but best bet.... get a bluetooth brotha.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

You guys must live in states where the driving on your cell law isnt in effect yet. I do. But even if I didnt there's plenty of reasons why outside of a hands free solution I would not drive and phone chat at the same time

6. hitdog042

hitdog042 Well-Known Member

this is a known problem with the fascinate's. You can hear yourself in the earpiece,bad feedback.

It's more noticeable in the car because of the road noise.

If you do a google on fascinate call quality you will find a ton of people are complaining about the same thing. Including myself. I went back to my X because of it.

7. team2020

team2020 New Member

I purchased a Fascinate in trade from a Droid X - The X seemed to large and was like talking into Kleenex box. But - I welcome that day with the X. The Fascinate has had a constant Buzz in the upper speaker. I spoke with Verizon Tech Support and they stated it is a Know Issue with certain lot numbers (batches) from Samsung. Samsung has not made an official recall but they recognize the issue and have intsructed Verizon to warranty any phones with the problem. I exchanged one at the Store, then after that due to their shrink (Items lost, returned etc.) did not want to exchange any more phones for me. So I utilized the Technical Support through Verizon (you must use an alternate phone) and they are working with me to get me back to the Droid X. - Stay from the Fascinate or make sure it does not have the Speaker Buzz Issue BEFORE YOU LEAVE the store. Make a few calls while the phone is hot - There are two change outs you get. 1 is called the Worry Free - also called a M1 (Management 1), then tech support helps you with what is called a M2 (Management 2), and you have to put the money up at the price you paid for the original. So they keep your money while you return the old phone via Store (24 hour credit) or mail (7 day credit) to the card you pay with. Be ware - this is a KNOWN issue with these phones. MANY batches have the issue. If you exchange one, do it at a DIFFERENT store, likely many of them have been manufactured with this blown speaker in the upper ear peice. Verizon Clovis, Ca

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You're not offering a tip or trick, but reporting an issue and in need of support for your device, so I've moved this thread from the Tips and Tricks sub-forum to the Support and Troubleshooting sub-forum for you. ;)