Weird syncing issue

Last Updated:

1. mrfascinate

mrfascinate New Member This Topic's Starter

Lemme start by saying I was finally able to figure out how to sync my fascinate with the music on my computer. It took a while but I did eventually figure it out. But now I'm having a very strange problem. I'm unable to mount the phone when I connect it to my computer. The problem is whenever I plug the phone into the computer the phone doesn't recognize a USB connection... So I can't go in and tell it to mount. The weird part is that if I just plug the phone into the wall to charge that's when I get the USB notification that I've connected to a USB. Somewhere my phone has mixed the two inputs up. Anybody know of a way to fix this???

Advertisement
  2. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

When this happens to me, I unplug the phone from the computer/wall charger, go into Settings -> Applications -> USB settings and tap on Mass storage (even though it is already selected). Then, the next time I plug my phone into the computer, I get the USB connected / mounting dialog. Let me know if it works for you.

3. nklenchik

nklenchik Well-Known Member

Do you have Samsung drivers installed on your computer so it can recognize the Fascinate?

4. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

You don't have to have the drivers for music;)