Weird Text Message after missed calls. How do I make it stop?

Last Updated:

1. sbbamafan

sbbamafan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted last weekend. After every missed call I keep getting a text message that says:

9016://ANDROID: (MISSED PHONE NUMBER) has sent you a Spring Voice Message. Call 408-970-0000 to listen. MMSNea877cc4,f26,V6buMm4KRCu//CM

If I call the second number (408-970-0000) (always the same) - it says "Our records indicate that you are calling from a SMS voice message equipped handset. If you have recently purchased a handset that does not contain this feature press 1, otherwise press 2."

How can I make this stop?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Blacklist the number through handcent

3. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

i've tried blacklisting it and i still get the notification saying i have a message then i have to go to by blacklisted numbers to see it.

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Have you turnned off notifications in the stock messaging app?

5. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

I'm getting the same thing as the OP. I'm using ZenEXP ROM. It started when I installed that ROM. I don't want to turn off notifications because that will turn off all notifications. Any other ideas on how to get rid of the weird messages?

6. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

If you are using Handcent, you can turn off notifications within the stock messaging app (Messages). That will not stop all notifications, just those from the stock messaging app. This should stop the annoying notifications you describe. IF you have blocked them in handcent.

7. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

does zenxp still use the visual voicemail? i have been running cm6 with blackmod, and i had the same problem for a while too. the rom didn't have sprint vvm. i can't remember where but i found a link to get it back and the problem stopped.

8. imZach

imZach New Member

Go under your settings then go to call settings and under there you should see an option that says voicemail carrier make sure it says "my carrier".
    I'm running CM6 and I also have the apk for the Sprint VVM which also works with CM6 and AOSP.

9. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

ck4794 likes this.
  10. h-d

h-d New Member

You cant get rid of it all you can do is blacklist it either in handcent or chomp but you will still get a notification for an unread message even though its not there but there is an app in the market called super private conversation that will totally block it, all you do is put that text 9016 in the super pvt conv blacklist and you will never see it

11. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

ok upon further inspection, still getting the texts and voicemails aren't actually going to sprint visual voicemail... any ideas?

12. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

I get the same message as the OP. Mine also started when I loaded up CM6. I had this message once before and I shot a message to the Dev that makes Handcent. A couple messages back and forth and he released an update that fixed it.

I sent him a message when I started seeing it again, but I mentioned I was using a custom ROM. I never saw a reply. I can only assume that's his way of saying, "I can't support every Tom Dick and Harry's ROM out there".

Which is understandable, but a shame. I'm hoping the next update fixes it or something

13. aznprelude

aznprelude Member

Just install super privet conversation from market.. im running cm6.1.0 rom. thats all it did.. NO MORE message from 9016:android. :D