• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird texting issue

mikeherrera

Lurker
Oct 18, 2010
This is hard to explain but it's been bugging me a lot.

Every now and then when I get a text and try to reply, none of the letter buttons will work. From what I've tried, the only way to fix it is to exit all the way out of the messaging application and go back in. The buttons will animate like they are being pushed, vibrate, and even show swype trails and word suggestions, but none of my words will show up on the screen.

I haven't figured out the specific instances when this happens. It seems a little random but I think it may only happen when I lock the screen without leaving the messaging application first, I get a text, and try to reply immediately from the app. But I'm really not sure - it might just be random.

This is frustrating! Please help!

Samsung Fascinate - Stock Messaging Application (Full battery / not using a lot of RAM)

This is hard to explain but it's been bugging me a lot.

Every now and then when I get a text and try to reply, none of the letter buttons will work. From what I've tried, the only way to fix it is to exit all the way out of the messaging application and go back in. The buttons will animate like they are being pushed, vibrate, and even show swype trails and word suggestions, but none of my words will show up on the screen.

I haven't figured out the specific instances when this happens. It seems a little random but I think it may only happen when I lock the screen without leaving the messaging application first, I get a text, and try to reply immediately from the app. But I'm really not sure - it might just be random.

This is frustrating! Please help!

Samsung Fascinate - Stock Messaging Application (Full battery / not using a lot of RAM)

Yes, I've experienced this on several occasions, I believe the problem might be related to unlocking the screen using the SMS puzzle lock piece. Unfortunately or fortunately, whichever way you see it, I'm using Handcent so i no longer get the sms puzzle lock piece, so now i have to unlock it and then open up Handcent (from drop down list). Haven't experienced that problem ever since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones