Weird texting issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. mikeherrera

mikeherrera Member This Topic's Starter

This is hard to explain but it's been bugging me a lot.

Every now and then when I get a text and try to reply, none of the letter buttons will work. From what I've tried, the only way to fix it is to exit all the way out of the messaging application and go back in. The buttons will animate like they are being pushed, vibrate, and even show swype trails and word suggestions, but none of my words will show up on the screen.

I haven't figured out the specific instances when this happens. It seems a little random but I think it may only happen when I lock the screen without leaving the messaging application first, I get a text, and try to reply immediately from the app. But I'm really not sure - it might just be random.

This is frustrating! Please help!

Samsung Fascinate - Stock Messaging Application (Full battery / not using a lot of RAM)

Advertisement
  2. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

Are you using a third party task killer on the phone - like Advanced Task Killer?

3. mikeherrera

Nope

4. tpothen

tpothen Member

I have been having this same issue and have not been able to recreate the problem on demand. Between this, the email syncing problems, and all the other small bugs I will be returning the phone this week.

5. skipster

skipster Well-Known Member

Sounds like a memory leak

6. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

Yes, I've experienced this on several occasions, I believe the problem might be related to unlocking the screen using the SMS puzzle lock piece. Unfortunately or fortunately, whichever way you see it, I'm using Handcent so i no longer get the sms puzzle lock piece, so now i have to unlock it and then open up Handcent (from drop down list). Haven't experienced that problem ever since.

7. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

Weird, I use Handcent and also intermittently have this problem. Just started showing up in the last few days. It occurs in the pop-up, but when I go into the app itself it works fine. It only happens maybe 1-2 times per day.

8. mikeherrera

What is a "memory leak" and how can I fix it?