Weird texting issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my phone on launch day and now all the sudden the last week at least I've had weird issues with texting. I thought maybe it was Handcent but I just noticed it on the default texting app. For awhile on Handcent sometimes when I'd open a 'conversation' it would have one persons messages but another persons name on the top. Yesterday I sent a text to one person, it showed in the conversation that it went to the correct person, but someone else actually received it(and it didn't show on my end that the wrong person got it). I deleted Handcent, as obviously that's unacceptable..Who would want, say, their mom, to get a questionable text meant for one of your fly honeys right?! However, I was just looking at texts from last night sent from the default text app and it showed a text I'd sent to one person going to the wrong person(but I know the right one received it...basically the opposite of what happened previously). Has anyone else had issues like this?!

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I don't know that I have seen the issue on handcent but I have seen it on the stock messaging app. Did you try reinstalling handcent and see.if it does it again? Also clear data for handcent and stock msg app in manage applications

3. effluent

Will do and report back.

4. effluent

Re-installed Handcent. How do I get the chat bubbles to go away? Hate that..don't remember, thought You just changed the skin to Hero?

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

It is somewhere in the menus...they ahve added so many customization menus now that I can't remember how to get there lol

6. effluent

Finally figured it out! Bubble settings> oh heck already forgot. But it's under bubble settings.

7. backdoc7

backdoc7 Member

This exact thing happens to me almost daily, both ways.. sometimes i send a txt and it shows the right person got it, but someone else actually received it, and sometimes, it shows the wrong person got it but the right person actually received it.. im using the stock SMS app. any help is appreciated.

8. trader914

trader914 Well-Known Member

I have always had nightmares about this situation actually happening. That would be TOTALLY NOT COOL!

9. backdoc7

backdoc7 Member

yeah, my GF got a message i sent to my buddy last night that said, "I can't meet you tonight, maybe next week?" and she's leaving for the holidays next week so im sure she was thinking... but on my phone it shows it went to my friend.. crazy.

any thoughts?
    thanks.

10. backdoc7

backdoc7 Member

Cant believe I'm the only one this is happening to! Guess i have to do a full flash?

11. ioi

ioi New Member

If it helps you at all in terms of "you're not alone," I'm having these exact issues. Found this thread looking for solutions, as I don't have any.

12. effluent

There was a big story on Engadget about this awhile back. Google has been aware but didn't see it as a priority to fix..If that is not a freaking important thing to fix I don't know what is. Could cause some serious problems for people!! All the attention on Engadget is getting them to fix it though.

13. lafabritto

lafabritto Member

well my girl sent me a text this morning as she was getting ready and it went to her friend... so she replied to it..... thats how we found out... im bumping this up to see if anyone came up with a solution.