Weird.... thing?..... on the side on my Sony Xperia Z1sGeneral

1. Nkeightly

Nkeightly New Member

I feel dumb for not knowing this, but .... what IS that weird little indentation on the left middle side of the Sony xperia z1s? I thought at first it was the volume rocker (I bought it used) and thought "oh well, must've been broken" and have been using on screen volume controls. Next day, I accidentally discovered the volume buttons on the RIGHT side. So what is this little thing on the left side? It looks as if there had been a button there, about as long as the volume rocker, with two tiny silver knob things in it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

3. Nkeightly

Nkeightly New Member

Oh! I didn't even know there even existed such a thing. o_O I Googled it to see what it is, but I'm still left confused about its purpose. If the phone has one charging port, why would it need a second magnetic one? Does it serve a special purpose that the standard port can't? Sorry, not sure how this site works, hope I'm not breaking a rule by posting a separate (though not entirely unrelated) question on the same post.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Because it looks cool :)p) and it's more convenient than opening the port to charge it.

It's handy because the cover for the port is quite flimsy and if it breaks, your water proofing is goosed.

No worries about posting another question in the thread either. :)