Weird things

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redandblack1287, Feb 27, 2010.

1. redandblack1287

redandblack1287 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I downloaded the newer version of Swype probably 3 days ago, rebooted a few times, switched keyboards a few times, nothing eventful. I used Swype all day yesterday, and today decided I didn't like watching my battery get raped every time I sent a text so I switched back to better keyboard. This time the keyboard wouldn't come up after I switched. I went to look at some settings under locale and text, and it wouldn't bring up the screen after several tries. I rebooted and now my phone is boot-looping. I removed the SD card and it booted fine, except all the apps force-closed as soon as I got to the main screen, exactly like what you would expect if you had apps2sd set up. I've done apps2sd before, but I thought for sure I reversed it. Anyway I'm restoring now, but if anyone has any idea what might be going on, I'd love to hear about it -.-

Advertisement
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member
    VIP Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    Is it possible you ran up against the 70 app limit?

Oh, I see this was posted earlier today. Did restoring fix it?

3. redandblack1287

Dec 4, 2009
    Well restoring fixed the problem, which was due to my use of apps2sd for 3 months without knowing it... Please don't ask

Anyway, it explains soo many issues I've been having. Apps2sd is so not worth it

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Kingston, GA
    in theory, apps2sd is a great idea... in practice, as you've seen, it's not such a great idea.. to many things can go wrong bricking the phone

5. redandblack1287

Dec 4, 2009
    Well I definitely avoided the bricking part (although I still don't understand how that's even possible) but I had major issues with apps not working properly (always flash, setCPU, swype utterly destroying my battery, etc.).

It'll be good once its programmed into android, but for now I think I'll pass >.>

Tags: