weird - thought i was getting an upgrade

Last Updated:

1. swoid

swoid Active Member This Topic's Starter

So just a few mins ago, I was just reading the thread about bitching about 2.1 (right, which one). After I got sick of it, I hit my home button to leave, and I got the black screen with "htc" in the center (start up screen) for about 1 min. So I chked to see if I got an update or if my mms worked, but nope! And for the record, I don't care about 2.1, just want this mms issue fixed.

Advertisement
  2. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I never had a problem with mms on 1.5 and still don't on the leaked 2.1 release. Have you tried a different ROM file? I just put DamageControl 2.06 on yesterday and everything works as expected.

3. swoid

Sorry, not rooting yet. All 3 of my fam's heros are now having the mms issue.

4. Firemans Wife

Firemans Wife Well-Known Member

We have 2 and they are both having mms issues and issues not getting texts is starting to happened more frequently. Its really annoying ya know, updates and fixes are nice, but I just want my phone to work properly. My husband and I text each other a lot, especially when he is on 24hr shift a the fire station. Its really annoying when you have the latest and greatest and you can't do the simplest of functions, that a phone pre-mobile web browsing and nav could do with no issues... grrr! Have to say I love the android platform, came from a blackberry, and I am here to stay! Hopefully with the Hero, but if not it will def be an android phone.

5. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

UGGGGGGH, another one of you people..

Disturbing image removed by moderator

:D

To the OP, have you tried factory reseting any of the phones to see if this solved your issue?

6. Firemans Wife

Dunno bout the other guy but my experience with hard reset was a short temporary fix, the problem was fixed for a week and came back, it took me a week to get my setting back lol.

7. barnacles

Have you contacted sprint on this issue?

8. Firemans Wife

Yes they say talk to advanced tech support or go to a Sprint repair center, where they will reset it again...

9. barnacles

Hmm.. even with all the problems my hero has I have no issues with MMS which leads me to believe its potentially an issue with those devices. If you have tried resetting the phones, and thats all the service center will do, then obviously its not going to fix it. Have you shared with the sprint stores that you have tried this fix and it doesn't work? I can't imagine they would just dismiss the issue entirely. (even though my experiences show the same thing haha)

If you've tried resetting multiple times, I would demand a new device. That issue is purely hardware/software related

10. swoid

It's a known issue. I've spoken to Sprint too many times. Now just waiting for a fix. If you're not rooted, it will happen to u too. Send yourself pic texts once in a while or ask others to. You'll see.

11. barnacles

I frequently sent picture mail on my first Hero. And my second. As a matter of fact I sent some today. And yesterday. This phone is not rooted. No issues.

12. swoid

Are you receiving them too? Pic texts, not mails. Sending is not the prob.

13. tuahogary

tuahogary Well-Known Member

Thats just Sense restarting. Happens when Android runs out of memory and kills Sense in the background :eek:

14. caliboy99

caliboy99 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about receiving/sending mms while wifi is on? This is my problem.

15. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

I cannot download pictures sent through mms, either. I can send but not receive.

16. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I also have the MMS problem, hard resetting fixed the problem for a month and recustomizing that often just isn't worth it. Having people email the pics or going to the sprint picture mail website to view them is ridiculous considering its such a basic phone function, which is exactly what I told Sprint customer service and they gave me a credit towards my bill (I haven't received a new bill yet to see if they actually applied it though)

17. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

Hard reset fixed mine for now

18. swoid

No.

Tua, thanks for the info on why I got the restart.

I'm still amazed this topic doesn't stay at the top as one of the bigger issues. I think it's because some of us don't know that pic texts aren't being sent or that they are delayed by one (my situation) so they think all is fine.

19. barnacles

Well pictures through MMS, yes. I'm in college, and quite frequently send AND receive MMS messages with some friends back home.