Weird Touchscreen - Space becomes "v", etc.Support

1. oliwel

oliwel New Member

Hi Folks,

I bought my HTC Incredible S in Spring 2011 and was happy with it. Some weeks ago, I recognized a weird behaviour of the touchscreen:

If I hold the phone upright in message compose view and try to type a "space", "coma" or "dot" ( anything from this line), the char above or below is triggered. E.g. a push on the right part of the spacebar becomes a "v" or "go back". As the "glitchy" part of screen works when I put the device into wide mode, I asume its a software problem. Sometimes I also recognize that the "grip" on the ring to unlock gets lost while moving, so I can't trigger the unlock

The phone is not rooted and has no branding, I just updated the os using the builtin update from 2.3 to 4.0. I hope that anybody here has an idea...

Oliver

Advertisement
    :
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I sure don't have a clue.. but I do not have an Incredible S. I dropped in to say hello and extend a welcome to you. I hope you enjoy your time here at Android Forums. Best of luck figuring out your glitch. Perhaps another here has something to offer.
  3. oliwel

oliwel New Member

Thanks a lot for the welcome.

Regarding the topic it looks like the touchscreen does not accept any input on one "line", so I guess its a kind of hardware defect. As the device has some warranty left, I will send it back to amazon after the holidays.

Oliver