Weird Touchscreen - Space becomes "v", etc.Support

Last Updated:

1. oliwel

oliwel New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Folks,

I bought my HTC Incredible S in Spring 2011 and was happy with it. Some weeks ago, I recognized a weird behaviour of the touchscreen:

If I hold the phone upright in message compose view and try to type a "space", "coma" or "dot" ( anything from this line), the char above or below is triggered. E.g. a push on the right part of the spacebar becomes a "v" or "go back". As the "glitchy" part of screen works when I put the device into wide mode, I asume its a software problem. Sometimes I also recognize that the "grip" on the ring to unlock gets lost while moving, so I can't trigger the unlock

The phone is not rooted and has no branding, I just updated the os using the builtin update from 2.3 to 4.0. I hope that anybody here has an idea...

Oliver

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I sure don't have a clue.. but I do not have an Incredible S. I dropped in to say hello and extend a welcome to you. I hope you enjoy your time here at Android Forums. Best of luck figuring out your glitch. Perhaps another here has something to offer.

3. oliwel

oliwel New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot for the welcome.

Regarding the topic it looks like the touchscreen does not accept any input on one "line", so I guess its a kind of hardware defect. As the device has some warranty left, I will send it back to amazon after the holidays.

Oliver