Weird USB Transfer Issue 0.00B Filesize After Unmount

Last Updated:

1. MapNinja

MapNinja New Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been trying to get some m4v videos onto my SD card for the past couple of days. The files are all around 500MB in size, and once I mount the SD card, they transfer just fine to the SD card, show the correct file size in the mounted storage drive on the Windows XP side, but once I unmount the SD card, the files suddenly have 0.00B for size (using Linda File Manager). Weird thing is that a couple of them worked (3), and only subsequent transfers get 0.0B size after transfer. This is also happening when I take the SD card out of the phone and transfer the files directly to the card. I've also tried splitting several files across a few different folders, in case there is some sort of folder size limitation, though I can't find any documentation of such. These vids are playing just fine on my computer, and the ones that successfully transferred to the SD card play fine in the native video player on my Samsung Moment with the 2.1 update. In fact, they look really stunning! So I'd really like to figure this out so I can bring some movies with me when I start traveling this summer. Also, my phone is not rooted. Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.

Advertisement
  2. MapNinja

MapNinja New Member This Topic's Starter

OK: Backed up my SD card to the computer and formatted the SD card in the phone. Tried copying all 10 500mb movies over and unmounted. Seems to have done the trick. I guess something weird between 1.5 and 2.1 about format/unmounting the SD card maybe? At any rate, I'm copying all of my media back over now and will update if all goes well, or awry.

3. notatechwiz

notatechwiz New Member

Hey ummm so i just thought about putting movies on my samsung moment for the first time cuz i didnt really have enough memory but i keep getting the same prob as yu any suggestions or step by step tricks to help me? thanks