• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird VLINGO bug, reseting my phone (Incredible + bluetooth)

funkpod

Jul 7, 2010
Hey, I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else consistently.

Turn on Vlingo In-Car.
Turn on Bluetooth headset and pair it w/ your phone.
Make a phone call and then hang up.
TURN OFF YOUR BLUETOOTH HEADSET.

WHen I do that, my phone RESETS.

I think it's only w/ Vlingo in car on, regular bluetooth doesn't do that.

(ALTHOUGH, my phone resets if I use gps, charge, use bluetooth, and talk at the same time....)

Let me know if it's only an Incredible thing, or HTC thing, or all android thing...

HTC Evo here. I exit Vlingo, turn off bluetooth, phone resets. Thought it was only me.

not only you, apparently.

Hey question for you, can you charge, use gps AND talk on bluetooth at the same time? Mine restarts my phone.

Wondering if it's an all around HTC or just an INcredible thing.

Verizon Customer Service told me it was a Network thing, and that the network can't support data and voice at the same time... and i'm like, no, i believe that is something separate entirely...

Upvote 0
Interesting ... I see that a developer was able to capture a stack trace illustrating this problem at:

android - Project Hosting on Google Code

I'm running Android 2.2 on my Eris (KaosFroyo 37) and have an unrelated Bluetooth error which also reproducibly produces a phone reset when typing on a bluetooth keyboard; see:

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/207984-kaosfroyo-37-thinkoutside-bluetooth-reboot.html

How can I generate this sort of stack trace so that I can provide it to the android developers?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones