Weird voice problem.Support

1. wolfchild38

wolfchild38 New Member

My phone has no other applications then what was installed onto it at the store. So when I make a phone call, my voice on the other end can't be heard at all, I then have to mute it, then unmute it, but when I do, there's a creepy, demonic like voice on the other end. Might it be a mic problem? I don't know, but I am very annoyed.

Advertisement
  2. enowicki

enowicki New Member

My phone seems to have the exact same problem. Have tried several different roms and nothing helps. Sometimes mute on/off fixes it othertimes it takes two or more calls before the voice starts to work again. Any answers out there?
  3. clavato

clavato New Member

I have the same problem.Any one with a solution to this porblem?
  4. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

This seems to be a persistent bug in all Acer stock firmwares or any custom ROMs based on Acer stock firmware. It is very annoying. Here is a fix which was discussed but requires root- Issue 263 - acer-liquid-community-rom-bugtracker - Occasionally, mic stops working during call - This is a bugtracker for the Community ROM for the Acer Liquid based on Android 2.2 - Google Project Hosting . Not entirely sure if it works.

My only possible solution I can think of would be for you to root it and install a new ROM such as LiquidNext, Oxygen or MIUI. I am not 100% sure if that works since I installed it onto my Liquid AFTER I purchased my next phone BUT it seems to be find whenever I have had to use my Liquid as my daily drivers (which has only been a couple of occasions since).

All that stuff can be found here- Acer Liquid - Liquid.MoDaCo.com - Android @ MoDaCo (the sticky titled Ultimate Liquid Thread might be the best place to start).