Weirdness with custom notification mp3 files within Froyo

Last Updated:

1. rox44

rox44 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've got a library of short snippet/sound effect .mp3's that I've created over the years to use with my cell phones. They've always worked with my Droid through 2.1, but two things happen on every Froyo ROM I've tried (BB 0.1-0.4). First, when browsing (with astro) to the \media\audio\notifications\ folder I can see them and play them once. The second time I attempt to play them, the very beginning of the file plays then stops. Second, these files are no longer listed in the notifications settings/options like they used to be.

If I flash back to 2.1, everything is peaches. Back to 2.2 and same behavior, though everything else in the ROM seems to be running fine... even music.

I'm guessing Froyo looks for notifications in a new place within the file system, but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction, and also shed light why the .mp3's that play fine in 2.0 and 2.1 won't in 2.2?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I ain't had any problems like this from froyo roms. All my mp3s play perfect.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. rox44

Out of curiosity, are your sounds saved on the sd card under media\audio\notifications?

4. rox44

Issue solved. Apparently, my sd card was getting pretty gunked up. I formatted SD, installed fresh BB .4, and now my notification audio files are recognized again. :)

ska.t73 likes this.
  5. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

I need to do that too... thanks for the reminder...

now does anyone remember the ADB command to back up the SD card to your desktop? Or do we just have to do a copy paste manually?

6. rox44

I just copied mine manually.