Welcome Bus Has Left

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. harukasan73

harukasan73 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well obviously Women, or Fat Women in particular are not welcome here, because it seems like everytime I post my opinion, or ask a question I am treated as if I have breasts for ears, and gerbils coming out of my pants. I am not dumb, I know what I am talking about, I have a college education, and plenty of life experience. So why is it everytime I say something, there is at least one person, that has to turn it around and be an a-hole to me? I dont need this crap, I can get my answers somewhere else, where perhaps the people are more friendly, and not so quick to judge others.

GRRRRRRRR

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

....do what brah?

Did you go to the right website to post this? I haven't seen many people (IOWA excepting) that are like this here...

IOWA likes this.
  3. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Where is this going on? Almost all the people on here are super friendly and helpful in my experience. I'd say report the ones doing this. The Mods & Guides here really do their best to try to keep this sort of thing from going on. also, If it's just 1 or 2 people doing this, you can always use the Ignore option.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Care to PM me examples of what you are referring to? Such behavior is NOT tolerated on these forums.

We really are here to help and have no problem cleaning up the problem posts/users.

5. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

That is just the internet. If you really feel strongly about what people are saying to you maybe report to a mod.

6. harukasan73

There have been helpful folks, but its the few that make you feel so angry that really ruin it, you know... yep I posted this on the right website... I like it... so I thought I would join, and then it went downhill when I had to ask some questions, or when I tried to get into a friendly conversation... *sigh*

Sorry, I feel uncomfortable saying who it is.... I just dont like getting people in trouble, and I dont like getting into trouble too... I may be kind of a witchy woman, but Its just a shell to hide a very soft squishy interior, and some people really know how to make people feel bad for thier opinions. I love my droid, and wanted to share with like minded folks, but a few arent making me feel very welcome, and Im sorry for being a bother and complaining... I shouldnt have.

7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

It makes me cringe to think that those things are going on at Android Forums. I'm hoping you took up the Moderator Kelmar on the offer to you (PMing a Mod is the way to solve or clean up any sort of personal dispute in here ;)).

8. Kelmar

Well, unfortunately, people can be jerks. Sometimes they are intentionally trying to be unwelcoming, sometimes they are just having a bad day. I think typically, at least on a tech forum, it's because people have gotten so comfortable with where they are at that they forget that they were once learning themselves.

The vast majority of people on the site are kind and helpful. Stick to those users. When you do come across users who are being unhelpful (intentionally), use the report post button and any of us Mods will see them and take care of it. As a said before, we don't put up with that kind of behavior here.

Hopefully you decide to stick around and give us a chance to show you that we aren't ALL bad apples (no pun intended). :)

9. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

How would anyone know that you are a female?

Many guys have female avatars that they find aesthetically pleasing.

Kelmar and Vihzel are examples.

10. harukasan73

lol oh well, Sometimes I have mentioned that Im a mom, and I have mentioned my fem-droid noob status... and I said something about my husband in one of the posts I made, and so on.... I suppose.

Oh and I posted an actual picture of me in my profile... I think.

11. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

I dunno, I took a look at some of your posts and the responses and I honestly dont think anyone has been that rude at all towards you. Everyone has either posted answers to your questions or provided links for answers to your questions. You have one post that asks 10 different questions on topics ranging from factory apps to wireless tethering to root and to terms, and in this post you say you have searched for answers but the answers are stickied as guides at the top of the forums you have posted in!?

Color me confused I guess, I will admit that I havent read every single reply to your posts but from what I've seen people have been pretty helpful in providing you assistance and help to answers that are easily answered and even stickied and posted as guides to help people that are new.

12. harukasan73

yeah at first they were helpful... its okay, Im tired of arguing about whether Im telling the truth or not. I am being honest about being treated poorly by a few people, and either folks believe me, or they dont, no biggie, :)

13. Kelmar

Well, no reason to continue this thread.

OP - You can PM me with any issues you have you have with users and I'll look into it. :)

/thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.