• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welcome Huawei Ascend users!

Jazziette

Android Expert
Dec 30, 2010
Under the Rainbow
If you have a Huawei Ascend phone, this is a good place to post your thoughts and questions and ask for help.

First please look through the threads to see if your question has already been asked and answered.

Then, if not, post here or start a new thread in this forum. Be sure to say who your carrier is: Cricket or MetroPCS.

This is definitely the best way to get help for the Ascend!

;)

Okay. Start the Titanium app and when it asks you for permissions be sure to click on 'allow'.

Then touch the center tab that says: Backup/Restore

Select the apps you want to uninstall. Back up first. then select again and this time uninstall.

It's really all that easy.

After that you may want to get SetCPU from the Market to overclock to 600 Mhz.

Upvote 0
If you don't already have it you might also want to download either "Better Keyboard" or "Smart Keyboard" from the Market. Then you can uninstall the stock one.

There are other stock apps you can uninstall as well, just depending on what you like.

However, do NOT uninstall google talk or or any browsers you may have probs. You should, however be able to uninstall Mobile Web without any problems. Just remember - don't uninstall anything named google !!!

My favorite app is: LauncherPro

It's the ONE APP I couldn't live without! :)

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Yes,the free version of Launcher Pro&Home Switcher.I plan on using the stock launcher for large widgets(mp3,games,etc.) Just read the thread of yours on launchers,I agree that's ok to disagree on that,or anything for that matter.l would like to replace the stock music player.Would like your 2

Upvote 0
LOL! You read the "locked" thread on LauncherPro? That was before Joser and I became good friends here.

He wanted me to d/ld LP and I didn't want to. Now I don't think I could live without it. I have the LP+ and I would recommend if you are going to keep LP to upgrade because the dev is a little bit strange and you never know what he's gonna do with the free version. I hear that GO Launcher is another really good one.

I still am using the stock music player but I have Power Amp, which makes it SOOO much better and Pandora radio, which I like a lot.

Sorry I can't help with the music player.

Out of curiosity why do you think the stock launcher is better for widgets than LP or another launcher?

I like the 7 Home Screens on LP and my widgets all work great!

Upvote 0
It's just a space issue.I actually prefer LP, I like the scrolling bottom line.I tried other launchers,did'nt care for them,love the simplicity of LP.
Currently using Automatic Task Killer& KISS music player,(sans Gene Simmons & co.)
Again,THANK YOU for the assistance!Drop me a line if you have more kernels of wisdom you'd like to share.
One more thing, is it just me,do we or not need another holiday to bridge us from NEW YEARS' DAY & MLK DAY?
Talk to you soon.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys!!!

I am rooted, with TB, Junk removed, I even have Juice Defender which is actually working very well.

I am reading a lot about SetCPU, but I also read how it can shorten the life of the CPU? I would like to have it just because of keyboard lag, and sometimes the phone can be slow, like today, I had a missed call, I dropped down the little notification window, tapped on the person who called and it took like 4 to 5 seconds to take me to the screen where I can either call them bacl, text them, and son on. Is SetCPU that worth it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones