• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welcome to the New Android Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to Rob, he would like to renovate the trophy system and improve rather than revert to likes and post count. I do prefer likes and posts myself but willing to give trophy system another shot so, I have added that to our list.

The current system is broken to the point of being meaningless, to my knowledge. It seems many of us have unlocked the 5000 point trophy for posting 100,000 messages, despite being nowhere near.

Upvote 0
Referring to the system phases ...

There was the original
The was the one before this one
There was this one

The original had Thanks and Likes

When the conversion went from the original to the one before this one I lost 1000 thanks and was awarded the trophy number. The criteria was confused then and more confused now.

If we are voting I would vote for ...
No Trophy
Display posts and likes counts

... Thom

Reactions: Gmash and andMego
Upvote 0
Still showing those ancient icons...

View attachment 116603

Being worked on now :)

Is anyone actually for a trophy system makeover? We know it is broke now and never worked well, that's why we want to fix it..

I guess I'm curious how many really care and how many feel strongly either way. I could do a poll but, since we've never had a good trophy system it kinda has a bad taste about it, making it a hard win.

Upvote 0
Still showing those ancient icons...
View attachment 116603
Have you cleared your browsers cache? That should cause the new ones to show.

Is anyone actually for a trophy system makeover? We know it is broke now and never worked well, that's why we want to fix it..

I guess I'm curious how many really care and how many feel strongly either way. I could do a poll but, since we've never had a good trophy system it kinda has a bad taste about it, making it a hard win.

Whether you go with post count, likes, or trophy points (or a combo) something is needed to show a users history/helpfulness next to their posts. I'd vote for having post count and one of the other two.

Related - can you include marking the OP when they respond to a thread. (was also highly requested after Xenforo upgrade)

The date users joined can be helpful too. Low post count members show "New Member" but if you have 3 posts and joined 2 years ago that New Member still shows. Also helps weed out the more subtle spammers. :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
Is anyone actually for a trophy system makeover?
We need trophies for:

'Plays too many and/or spends too much time in forum games'
'Actually helped someone once. Once.'
'Not as funny as he/she thinks they are'

It's the only way I'll get more points :D

Or. No. I think they are silly and useless, I prefer post counts at least.

Upvote 0
Have you cleared your browsers cache? That should cause the new ones to show.

Whether you go with post count, likes, or trophy points (or a combo) something is needed to show a users history/helpfulness next to their posts. I'd vote for having post count and one of the other two.

Related - can you include marking the OP when they respond to a thread. (was also highly requested after Xenforo upgrade)

The date users joined can be helpful too. Low post count members show "New Member" but if you have 3 posts and joined 2 years ago that New Member still shows. Also helps weed out the more subtle spammers. :thumbsupdroid:

The new favicon is not yet on live, I mistakenly said it was earlier.

I like the OP marking suggestion, putting on round two list.

With Android Devices not set as a favorite and 20 areas in it set as favorites ...

The 7b app only lists the area that the app is running on in the Forums section, The other 19 areas are not listed.

... Thom

Interesting, @stevealbright

Tried that, no dice.

Favicon not yet here, its still in dev environment, sorry! Soon :)

Now (from a quick look) it seems like all the LG Volt threads are in the LG F90 section and there is no LG Volt section at all :(. At least they are somewhere.

I know, I renamed it to that, and asked if I now make an LG Volt section, would staff easily (or with your help) be able to identify which threads need to be moved? If so I can go on and create and start moving. :)

Upvote 0
Tried that, no dice.
Sorry, your screenshot was of a link in someones post, I didn't know you were referring to favicon. For me links do have the new image after clearing cache:
1.png

Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0
Thanks, yes I would easily be able to identify the threads that need to be moved.

I've created a Volt channel but there are so many threads. Would it be easier to move threads into the Volt channel as needed, or easier to rename the F90 back to volt, make a F90, then move those threads?

Which has more I guess, if there is an obvious answer to that.

Moving will be difficult, one at a time, currently.

Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0
andMegoThanks, yes I would easily be able to identify the threads that need to be moved.
I've created a Volt channel but there are so many threads. Would it be easier to move threads into the Volt channel as needed, or easier to rename the F90 back to volt, make a F90, then move those threads?

Moving will be difficult, one at a time, currently.

Most of the threads are from the Volt. I'm pretty sure all the threads from the past 2 years are from the Volt besides one. Older than that it's like half half.

Upvote 0
Phases<blockquote>andMegoThanks, yes I would easily be able to identify the threads that need to be moved.
I&amp;#039;ve created a Volt channel but there are so many threads. Would it be easier to move threads into the Volt channel as needed, or easier to rename the F90 back to volt, make a F90, then move those threads?

Moving will be difficult, one at a time, currently.</blockquote>Most of the threads are from the Volt. I&#039;m pretty sure all the threads from the past 2 years are from the Volt besides one. Older than that it&#039;s like half half.

Hmmm, on second thought I'm guessing at least 1300 of the 1352 threads that are currently in LG F90 are from the Volt.

Upvote 0
This is a staff only feature at this point - confirmed this AM that is the plan, at least for now.
Is it? I can see it if I go to someone's profile page, and it's been a while since I was staff.

BTW never took much notice of the trophy system. Counts of simple to understand things are probably more helpful than something you have to look up the meaning of (if you can figure out where to look).

Reactions: Gmash and Thom
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones