• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welcome to the New Android Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Welcome to the new Android Forums!

The brand new version of AndroidForums.com you’re currently seeing has been in development for almost a year, built side-by-side with our app, and is inspired by Material Design and was built from the ground up with the Android users in mind.

If you haven’t already, download our official Forums for Android app, which works seamlessly with the new website.

Aside from the visual appeal of our new look (beautiful, ain’t it?), we reimagined what a truly helpful, entertaining, and valuable Android Community would include. And then we built it.

The “Devices” and “Apps & Games” section are populated using real data from real devices using the Forums for Android app. Every single device and app therefore have their very own discussion community that the community itself can help mold.

There are various "quick finder" boxes that will autocomplete with topics to help you find exacty what you're looking for, or, if you just want to browse, you can do that too.

Take special note of the “Favorites” section at the top of the homepage (must be logged in) or by clicking “Favorites” in the left menu. After adding some favorites, check out the two filters on the homepage, where you can find new and trending posts from only your favorite forums, helping bubble up the conversations most relevant to you.

It may take some time to get familiar with the new look and feel, but once you have, we're confident you'll love it as much as we do.

What do you think?!?!?! Let us know in the replies!

Your feedback will help us squash bugs, iron out issues we overlooked, and build our feature wishlist to help direct future development.

Edit by Phases: See this!: http://androidforums.com/threads/welcome-to-the-new-android-forums.1121138/page-4#post-7497116

Last edited by a moderator:
    So excited to finally launch the new Material theme!
    20170216_165057.jpg

Upvote 0
    Super excited all!

Hope you enjoy what we've got for you so far. There is more coming! We have tweaks set aside, or not ready yet - but we felt real good about where we are now and are ready to launch the base product.

HUGE kudos to @Morgan and @James328 who tore this one up. Worked their tails off to take what was created for us and implement all our custom non-xf etc changes. Many long long days went into this. Great job guys!

Also huge mention to @stevealbright who has and will continue to work hard, solo, on the App equivalent. It's no easy task, that's clear.

Go team go!

Let's keep all feedback on this thread, and we'll keep track. Love it, hate it, let us know. But, do realize change like this takes a little moment or two to take in. Set up your favorites. Click around, give it a few minutes to let it soak in - and remember, there ARE some areas we want to and will soon improve, we're not done!

Cheers!

20170216_165641.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    It's, um, different.
    One thing I see is something I had mentioned previously in the other update thread. When in a forum for a device, clicking on "root" to sort root posts only brings up root posts for ALL devices and not just the one you are looking at. That's unacceptable and has to be fixed. I assume the other sort options will do the same thing.

Upvote 0
    I hate it. Content is much more spaced so it takes much much longer to read things. (Meaning I only see one post at a time.) (I did plan on wording this differently)
    Edit: So I tried the app again but it still doesn't let me access the forums for the device I want to, only the forums for my current device. Guess I'm screwed.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Welcome to the new Android Forums!

The brand new version of AndroidForums.com you’re currently seeing has been in development for almost a year, built side-by-side with our app, and is inspired by Material Design and was built from the ground up with the Android users in mind.

If you haven’t already, download our official Forums for Android app, which works seamlessly with the new website.

Aside from the visual appeal of our new look (beautiful, ain’t it?), we reimagined what a truly helpful, entertaining, and valuable Android Community would include. And then we built it.

The “Devices” and “Apps & Games” section are populated using real data from real devices using the Forums for Android app. Every single device and app therefore have their very own discussion community that the community itself can help mold.

There are various "quick finder" boxes that will autocomplete with topics to help you find exacty what you're looking for, or, if you just want to browse, you can do that too.

Take special note of the “Favorites” section at the top of the homepage (must be logged in) or by clicking “Favorites” in the left menu. After adding some favorites, check out the two filters on the homepage, where you can find new and trending posts from only your favorite forums, helping bubble up the conversations most relevant to you.

It may take some time to get familiar with the new look and feel, but once you have, we're confident you'll love it as much as we do.

What do you think?!?!?! Let us know in the replies!

Your feedback will help us squash bugs, iron out issues we overlooked, and build our feature wishlist to help direct future development.
    Yes it is really nice
    Thank You!

Upvote 0
    I hate it. Content is much more spaced so it takes much much longer to read things. (Meaning I only see one post at a time.) (I did plan on wording this differently)
    Edit: So I tried the app again but it still doesn't let me access the forums for the device I want to, only the forums for my current device. Guess I'm screwed.

The next build which I'm using currently lets you add other devices. :) soon!

Sorry you're not liking the site. Hope it grows on ya!

Upvote 0
    How do I create a new thread? I was in the LG volt forum, pressed create a new thread, typed it up and pressed create thread. Then I noticed that it creates the thread under Android devices and not under LG volt, so I thought I must've been on the home page and not in the volt section, so I edited the post to say deleted and tried again, this time making sure I was in the volt section, and the same thing happened. How do I get it moved to the right section and how am I supposed to be doing this in the future?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones