• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well, Cough!, I'm Waiting For The Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if Im going to wait for it. I was going to go for GS2 but that died Im going to check out the bionic on release day to see if its worth a damn. If its decent I may get it Since I would get 50 off for renew and 100 back for upgrading to a smartphone. Since my dumb phone has to live on a charger and if full of static and I poured water on it this morning.

But if your Droid is still working waiting may make sense just be ready to buy a $300 phone.

Upvote 0
no guarantee that VZW will get the prime.

Verizon is a Droid house, keep in mind. They don't like premium phones that deviate from that branding. Especially Nexus phones that take away VZWs ability to put their own tweaks onto the device. (who do you think really wants the bootloader locked and free tethering squashed - the manufacturer or the carrier?)

The only exception was the Thunderbolt, and that was because Bionic was late to the party and VZW was left with an LTE gap.

This is no longer the case.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones