Well droid x work out of country??Support

Last Updated:

1. ComputerPro

ComputerPro Active Member This Topic's Starter

I well be travelling to Lebanon for 3 weeks. So what can I do with my droid X out of the country? Well Wifi work over there? Could I use my phone? Can I use my GPS to find things over there? Well any apps work? Well I have internet threw the network?

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Cell connection won't work, but wifi and gps still should. Make sure if you're using a gps program, the map data is stored locally on the device.

This is not a world phone, it is only compatible with Verizon's CDMA network in the US.

3. ComputerPro

ComputerPro Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyway to unlock it so I can set up a new network?

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Not in Lebanon. This is a matter of different cellular standards, GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile, the rest of the world practically) vs. CDMA (Verizon, Sprint).

These different standards require different hardware (antennas for the different signal frequencies), so there's really no way to use a CDMA phone outside of the US.

Some Verizon "world phones" have a GSM radio built in also, which is what allows them to work internationally.

5. Ploni

Ploni New Member

There's a short list of countries that do have CDMA networks and roaming agreements. Any VZW phone can be used there:

International Roaming

Unfortunately, Lebanon is not on the list...