Well, I am now experiencing text input lag in portrait mode now...

Last Updated:

1. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First it was Landscape mode only, but now portrait landscape on my 2.1 is just as laggy as it is in landscape mode. This is f*cking unbelievable! Anyone else experiencing this and are there any known fixes yet?

Advertisement
  2. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

me too.....getting worse too =\

3. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

i just tested mine and it is not lagging much at all. Landscape is a little bit laggier than portrait but it pretty much goes as fast as I can type. This is with Handcent for what its worth, speech to text is working very well for me if I speak clearly and have no background voices going on.
    Just putting my experience out there.

4. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Landscape mode for me on 2.1 is the same as 1.5, which is slightly laggy while posting to forums, but not bad enough to bother me. I use Handcent for texting with the T9 portrait keyboard and it's about the same as on 2.1 also, which is pretty quick.

I've only had it for a day, but so far I'm loving the official 2.1.

5. DrRobert

DrRobert Member

Have you tried updating your profile? The only reason I ask is that someone else posted that they updated their profile and it made their landscape lag a lot better. I tried it and it improved it a ton for me too. When i first installed 2.1 the lag in landscape mode was so bad it was virtually worthless for me to even type in landscape. But now the lag is almost completely gone for me. So maybe give it a shot?

6. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, its worth a shot. I've update my profile a few times since I updated the OS to 2.1. Seems like a hair-brained way of fixing it though, just because the profile has solely to do with the internet on the phone. I'll post back.