• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well, I cracked the lens already. Help?

mike95465

Lurker
May 6, 2010
Ok well after having this phone since launch being extra careful with it. Using a case and screen protector since day one. I managed to crack the lens and protective glass. I had the phone inside my pocket and leaned on something.... CRACK.... shit.

Removed the protective glass and red ring thinking that only that had been damaged. Lo and Behold.... damage.

Camera still works and autofocuses but everything is ultra grainy due to the cracks.

Any Suggestions? I have been having horrible signal issues with the phone since I got it, i.e. dropping calls >10 each day, If I put the red ring back on and told verizon to replace it under warrenty because of the signal, would that work? I've been meaning to do that even before the camera broke but I figured I'd wait until they had them in stock at the local Verizon Store first.

Funny thing is the case, phone, screen, red ring, everything has absolutely no marks.

So basically what I am saying is that the protective glass and red ring... doesn't really protect.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones