• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

well it happened! Cracked camera glass

htc.EVOlution

Android Expert
May 10, 2010
Well it just happened. I'm not sure how, but while i was wiping the camera glass, I felt some lines and then I turned over the phone to check on the glass there was a crack. I don't know how it happened. I've never dropped the phone. It was in a Innocase II the whole month and a half of owning it since the Google Event.

DAMN!

Anyone have a similar problem?

There was a post when the EVO first came out about the glass. Even had a link to the supplier who was showing stock available around mid-June. Might be worth searching around for. I don't remember the user though so...

And yes, the site showed it was just simply double sided tape. I remember wondering how to get the old one out...?

*Edit, Here is how to take it apart so you can push the old glass out. I'm sure any local glass shop could make you a new piece for relatively cheap!

Upvote 0
There was a post when the EVO first came out about the glass. Even had a link to the supplier who was showing stock available around mid-June. Might be worth searching around for. I don't remember the user though so...

And yes, the site showed it was just simply double sided tape. I remember wondering how to get the old one out...?

*Edit, Here is how to take it apart so you can push the old glass out. I'm sure any local glass shop could make you a new piece for relatively cheap!
thanks, I wasn't going to do it myself anyways.
I will contact HTC about my glow in the dark softkey to see what they say and hopefully they will replace the whole phone.

Upvote 0
It happened to me as well. I don't how it happened, but within 2 weeks of owning the device, the lens was cracked. Weak design. The phone has since been returned due to other issues. I'm babysitting this new bad boy that I have.
The only problem I have with the exchange or return is due to the fact of how I got the phone. I got the phone from Google I/O event and Sprint reps at the retail stores have been throwing me around corporate because I didn't buy the phone froom their store

Upvote 0
That's possible. I never take any shit from the minimum wage punks at the kiosks. Asking for a manager and then the threat of calling corporate usually works instantly!
funny thing. it was the floor manager that rejected my first exchange (for glow in the dark softkeys). he said that sprint corporate deals with Google I/O phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones