Well Now I'm On Handset #5 And Oh Yea Best Buy Sucks Arse..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned This Topic's Starter

Its acted whacky since I got it on Tuesday. Well its wacky no more No Signal No Service nada. In fact its not even getting ANY signal at all even the time is wrong. So Back to Best Buy I go.

Advertisement
  2. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

lol my #3 is acting like a fkkr i might be on #4 very soon ... finally i have an epic that registers a majority of my keyboard inputs but the bastard freezes to where i gotta pull the battery ... hard reset yesterday but it happened twice since sooooo .. i might also be making a trip for another 1

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Dude, I think you are bad luck ;)

Seriously though, that sucks :(

4. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

i guess im just lucky... my 1st is perfect.. :D

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

This thread reminds my of my first generation XBOX 360. I'm currently on number 4.

6. flonkas

flonkas Well-Known Member

I guess I'm lucky to, my 1st one hasn't had problems yet

7. MisterDisney

MisterDisney Well-Known Member

I'm lucky. Only on my 3rd 360 since launch. Still good on my first Epic from last week. Keyboard buttons are all fine, GPS is fine.. super responsive etc.. Of course the upload is crap, but maybe they'll fix that sooner rather than later...

Sorry some people are having so much trouble, though. :(

8. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Wait. AOL is still in business? Have you called Sprint support first? Looks like you just got unregistered from Sprint's network.

9. Android XTC

This morning I awoke to my Epic totally unusable. It refused to connect to the service or make and receive calls and/or data. Everything else worked. After spending an hour at Best Buy with them on the phone to Sprint it was determined I had another DOA on my hands. Then It was determined my selling store (who was now out of stock) did not put the proper paperwork through for the last exchange and that took an ADDITIONAL THREE HOURS for Best Buy to figure out where my prior exchange went in the system and get all the ESNs matched up before I was on my way home with my new handset. I'm so disgusted with all of it the phone and Best Buy who is going to get a call from me on Monday Morning.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      461.3 KB
      Views:
  10. iBleedBlackNgold

should of tooken it to a sprnt store they would honor a swap ... just if u decide to return before your 30 idk how that works

11. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

sprint store will honor a return if theres a problem with the phone even if i bought it at best buy? im in the same boat now i have a massively loose screen and dust all over the underside of the screen... im out of my 30 days.

12. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Must be that phantom froyo update you installed

13. iBleedBlackNgold

yea i bought from b.b originally but they didnt have any in stock 2 days after release not to mention they were such bullshitters telling me my issues were normal. i called sprint and they said to bring it in to a sprint service center and i did ... they replaced it on the spot & been back once since for a 3rd

daddyd302 likes this.
  14. Android XTC

By the way, While I sat there for three hours all they sold were Iphone after Iphone after Iphone sometimes 3 at a time!

15. MisterDisney

MisterDisney Well-Known Member

Odd how this stuff is hit or miss, sometimes. My iPhone 4 and Epic both work great (other than the Epic's 3G upload speed issue).

My wife on the other hand had to take her iPhone 4 to the genius bar twice and still having problems. And now she is looking at exchanging her Epic because the keyboard isn't working right.

16. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that you must return your phone to the store you bought it from. I never knew you could take it to a Sprint store if you're having issues.

17. Kelmar

This. My wife was unable to return her problematic Evo to Sprint, they made her return it to BB.

18. iBleedBlackNgold

when I exchanged my epic the other day because off a keyboard issue that plagued my first two epics the guy at sprint was cool but mentioned if the keyboard gives me issues again I might just have to deal with it as they all might be that way. I ain't going to deal with squat but he said it could b an issue a later update may fix. that don't sound promising

19. CrashGordon

CrashGordon Well-Known Member

My wife had issues with her first two Epics and we had no problems with BB service. Both phones were exchanged with no questions asked. Yes, it took a while but it takes an hour to buy a new phone at a Sprint store--sometimes it takes thirty minutes for one of the two people working to get to me. Couple that with not having to wait for the mail-in rebate and I'll take BB every time (haven't tried Radio Shack).

20. Android XTC

Yes I thought within the first 30 days it had to be exchanged by the selling store only, this is why I kept going back to BB.

21. Aero1

Aero1 Well-Known Member

yes, within 30 days they want you to take it back to third party seller. But after that and through 12 months sprint will and must take it back and repair or replace it if it is a warrantable issue -- even if you dont pay either of their insurance plans and even if you bought it at any seller.

I have brought in uninsured phones to sprint, bought from unauthorized sellers at 5 weeks old, and sprint has had to replace them under warranty. It is part of their written policy.

If sprint activated it, they warrant it.

daddyd302, dyh and Kelmar like this.
  22. Android XTC

It indeed seems truly hit or miss with these phones. It seems when I get one exchanged I never get one where everything is working perfectly. Like the last one I had before it died everything woked great but the GPS was a bit off and the vibrator seemed weak even turned all the way up. This one the GPS is spot on has a strong vibrate but the bottom touch keys don't respond as quick they should. Its like trading one issue for another.

23. Kelmar

@ aero - thanks for the additional info!

24. iBleedBlackNgold

b.b sucks ... imo they were only good for 2 reasons in my purchase . . instant rebate & the fact i had 200 in gift cards

25. Android XTC

Yea I had a gift card also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.