Well.....ok

Last Updated:

1. jkbrigman

jkbrigman New Member This Topic's Starter

Recent convert to Verizon and the HTC family of Droid phones. Got sucked into the Verizon Droid Eris promotion since the Incredible wasn't available at the time. Ended up buying four of the Droid Eris for all family members and "standardizing" everyone on Verizon/Android.

Even though problems reported with the Droid have been numerous, and we've had our own startup problems like everyone else, today those four little Droid Eris phones are humming along and doing their job like we expect from a good smartphone. True, we all have to plug them in for a recharge at least once every 24 hours, but we've come a long way with that and I think there's still more progress to be made in that direction that software can help with.

So far, only my phone has reached it's needed potential (rooted, with tethering active) but all of us are still doing far, far more with the platform than we ever did with our previous Symbian phones. (My frustration with the Symbian platform is limitless - just ask me and I'll happily bash 'em.)

I understand the Eris might be at it's end when it comes to Android updates - dear lord I hope not - there are a zilliion of these things out in the field - I still hope for Froyo, and even maybe Gingerbread one of these days. Regardless, the platform has done more for my family than anything before it and I'm hopeful that Android will become even more robust and powerful in the future...

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums. Glad you signed up!