Well, since the banner next to the ad was so insistent...

Last Updated:

1. VacantPsalm

VacantPsalm New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone.:) I'm new to the forum but haven't switched to Android yet. Which is actually why I've joined, I'm doing a bit of research first.

I was wondering if it's possible to sign up for a Sprint Mobile Broadband Plan then use an EVO as the mobile hot spot. (and use the internet for it's self too of course) I'm assuming "All Things Root - EVO 4G" would be the proper forum to ask about this right?

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Is that a.... modem plan? If it is, then it's a definite no. To get the Evo, you have get one of the uhh.... *insert name here* plans. It's an extra $10/mo to have the Evo as well for 'premium data services' such as the kickstand :confused: (sprint lies, it's really all because the phone's 4G capable). FYI, just ignore the $10 extra /mo unless it's gonna make or break you on getting this.

As far as using the phone as a hot spot (tethering), if you want to do it the Sprint way, it's an extra $30/mo on top of your bill. If you want to do it the right way -er- root way, rooting your phone and installing the hotspot .apk XDA cooked up works without tacking on excessive charges to your bill. You just have to go through with rooting to do so.

VacantPsalm likes this.
  3. VacantPsalm

VacantPsalm New Member This Topic's Starter

Dang, worth a try. Guess I'll bite the $10/mo and just root to tether. I've been looking around for the best plan and this was my last shot at doing something sneaky to save money. (Why must the data only plans be exclusive for deaf people. :C )

Ah well, thx for the answer. Sprint still beats my current AT&T bill. :p