Well... you said "Say Hi"!

Last Updated:

1. the homeopath

the homeopath Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, I'm not really very good at computers and stuff but I really like the concept of Android, Mozilla Open Source stuff.

I plan to get an android o.s. on my next phone and need a cheapish tablet computer so thought I would go for Android there too. Immediately hit a wall of unanswered questions so .... here I am at this forum.

Thanks for having me.

SO my first question is... which version of Android is best suited to the 7-8" screen tablet and can you recommend any?

Many thanks

the homeopath;)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D

Steven

Check the tablets subsection. I have no idea. Tablets are a different world to me. :) Sorry.

3. harukasan73

harukasan73 Well-Known Member

Hello!!!!! I smell tomatoes! ooooppps left the stove on! welcome!

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

For tablets it really depends on the tablet. Some really aren't capable of running anything beyond Android 1.x. Many of the newer tablets are now running Android 2.2. Google doesn't officially support running Android on tablets just yet. It's believed that support will come with either Android 2.5 or Android 3.0.

And to complicate things further I've heard rumors that Google is planning, at some point in the future, to try to push tablet manufacturers to support and run Chrome OS instead of Android OS on their tablets.