well....

1. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

Ive been having major issues with call quality and dropped calls. I rooted to fresh 1.1 just to see if that would fix It. Well now when I make a call it says account cannot be validated. Called sprint and they tried everything and still no dice. :( so they had to send me a replacement. Sucks but gave me a 50 dollar credit

So my question is how do I unroot my phone now? lol

Hope my new phone Is better!

Anyone have this Issue?

Advertisement
  2. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

3. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

Ok thanks and will I lost my contacts?
  4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I believe you will lose everything that's not on your SD card.
  5. 702DROID

if they are backed up with google gmail then no once you sign back into your google account they will sync back with phone
  6. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

How do I back them up to google?
  7. 702DROID

its all in how you saved them to your phone or gmail account....you can check what type they are when you open the people app and it will either say phone or google on the right side of the screen for each contact ...if they are google then they are able to be backed up with gmail when you sync it
  8. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

Menu/settings/Data Syncronization/Google... You can sync mail, calender and contacts in there.
  9. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

Ok says my contacts were synced so it should be good thanks for the help!
  10. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

check your Gmail to make sure all your contacts are there.
  11. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

They are there!

So i trying to activate my BB so i have a phone till i get my new one. I am having the same problem now LOL WTF!

Texts and email work, calls NOPE!
  12. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

I don't want to thread jack, but didn't want to create another thread :p Unfortunately my contacts say "Phone" by them, is there a way to convert them to google? I want to be able to back up my contacts.
  13. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

I was thinking the same thing.........
  14. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I'm right but i think they might be google contacts if you actually input the persons email and it's a google email. My wife's says google and I didn't do anything special other than add her email.
  15. killabee44

killabee44 Member

You can go in and edit each contact. There is a pulldown menu there to specify if you want to save it as a Google or phone contact.

I don't know how to change them all into Google contacts though.
  16. thatjerk

thatjerk Well-Known Member

There is a free app that converts all your contacts to Google contacts in the market, it is called ContactSync and is made by happydroid. I used it to change 180 contacts from a phone contact to a Google contact. I was then able to sync all my contacts with my Gmail account.
  17. killabee44

killabee44 Member

Good to know..
  18. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

wow you're awesome, that worked!
  19. durandetto

What's the point of having phone and Google contacts? Why not just have contacts?
  20. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

Not sure if I understand your question. But google contacts are synced to your google account, so if you get a new phone or whatnot they'll resync to your phone and you won't have to add everything all over again.
  21. durandetto

I'm just wondering why they find a need for two types of contacts why not just call them Contacts and have them sync to Google? If the only reason for Google contacts is to sync. Why would you not want your contacts to sync? Just seems stupid to have to types of contacts. At least that's my opinion.
  22. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you, I have no idea why they would have 2 different types.
  23. durandetto

All of mine are Google, because I came from a Blackberry and used GoogleSync to back-up my contacts before switching. So when I signed into Google the first time with my Hero they were all there. I'm pretty sure my default is to save as Google, because I have added a few and never chose how to save it and mine are all still Google.
  24. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

Ok got my new phone and it is working so much better then my original. Side by side right now, my new phone has 3 bars of coverage, and my old one is in and out of roaming, all with the same settings

Sweet!
  25. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

Ok trying to root again....Trying to get diagnostics to pass this time on the remount and Java.... USB Debugging is on, i rebooted my computer to hmm..