welp i'm being encouraged to say hi

Last Updated:

1. iHaveHemdroids

iHaveHemdroids New Member This Topic's Starter

so i'll say hi and a lil about myself ...

oddly enough you are reading this so you may actually care ;)

I have been thinking about rooting my phone for a couple weeks now and I saw on unrevoked.com that in order to run unrevoked3 they suggest having a 4gb card or bigger and obv I only have the standard 2gb card so I ordered a 32gb microsd card off ebay for $25 ... yes thats friggin crazy.. of course when I went to Kingstons website to check if it was a legit card it wasn't but who cares.. its still 32gb and it works! lol ok sidetracked...

so anywho.. now that I have the big card I decided I have no excuse not to root. So I read a bunch of things and most wasn't really relevant because all you really have to do is replace the stock drivers with the universal drivers and then you can root with unrevoked3 in one click.

So that went painlessly, everything worked fine and I have super user now.

At this point in my rooting journey I am deciding on what to do next, all I have done is get titanium backup and backed up with that and nandroid so now I can start doing some crazy things that will probably break my phone lol.

I've just downloaded rom manager from the market because it appears to be an extremely simple process to flash a rom instead of doing it the normal way through the Hboot and what have you.

Now I'm just wondering if there are any downsides to flashing a rom this way, if not then IDK why anyone would do it differently...

I'm probably gonna throw cyangen mod on through rom manager right now, I'll let ya know if I "brick" lol!

I've been lurking for a long time and I'm finally a memeber (because I had to use the search function >.< ) haha

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D

I'll move this to the right forum for ya! :D

3. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

OMG I am sooooooo glad I read this thread, I just bought 4 X 32 gig MicroSD cards for $11.99 each on eBay :) Who cares if they're fake if they work !! $90 for the real ones at Amazon. 8000 songs here I come !!

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

The problem is that most of the fake 32GB cards don't work or, even worse, seem to work and then fail (and for some reason many don't think they need to back up their data either). If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Good luck though!

5. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

I've bought tons of fake MicroSD and memstick cards. Work like a charm. It's like buying generic at the drugstore =)