• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Went back to Go Launcher

bigbadwulff

Android Expert
Jun 15, 2010
Wow. Nice and clean. Smoother. Waiting for the redraws to start up again :eek: .
Best thing I like about it and it's such a simple thing....getting rid of the labels under the icons. Makes the phone look so much cleaner.
Love the ability to layout the grid the way I want it too.

I've been a huge fan of Go Launcher EX and ran it on my DX until last Wednesday when I took the plunge for the S3. I downloaded Go Launcher on the S3 and hated it due to the inability to get the screens the way I had them on my DX. Then I found Apex, and wondered why I never tried it on my DX. Looks like I'll stick with Apex on the S3, but REALLY liked the way I had complete control of customizations with Go Launcher on my DX.

Upvote 0
I've been a huge fan of Go Launcher EX and ran it on my DX until last Wednesday when I took the plunge for the S3. I downloaded Go Launcher on the S3 and hated it due to the inability to get the screens the way I had them on my DX. Then I found Apex, and wondered why I never tried it on my DX. Looks like I'll stick with Apex on the S3, but REALLY liked the way I had complete control of customizations with Go Launcher on my DX.

Curious what issues you were having with your GS3 and GO? I had a DX for a couple years, and got a GS3 a few weeks ago. Gave TouchWiz a few weeks on the GS3 (it's actually pretty good), and just installed GO on it yesterday. Oh, I was running GO on my DX for quite a while, big fan! Anyways, I was able to set up my GS3 to look almost identical to my DX in GO, maybe I can give you a pointer or two. Tried it really quick a couple weeks ago, because I really missed the scrolling wallpaper (GS3 doesn't have that for some reason), and found the cropping issue that messes that feature up with the stock Samsung gallery app. Read around and found that you can use QuickPic to set up the wallpaper though, and now it's all good!

Upvote 0
GO on my DX was easier to set up my gestures, and easier to get the scrollable dock bar. I initially had trouble finding gestures on GO, and didn't like my dock bar or scrolling effects as much as I did on Apex. I'm sold on Apex having run it for a couple of weeks. I wish Touchwiz allowed me to add extra screens, have a scrolling dockbar, and have a gesture that would reveal all the screens so I could quickly jump exactly where I wanted to be.

I wiped my DX two days ago before I gave it to another employee. Wow, did my DX screen look pitiful - now that I'm used to my S3.

Thanks for being willing to assist me with GO. I'm most likely to stick with Apex.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones