General WEP WIFI problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ryukashin, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Student
    Hey I'm running 2.1 v2 leak and now all of a sudden the phone says my password is wrong for my personal wifi, i've checked the password, reset the router, and even changed the password and it will still say the password is incorrect and not let me connect to my wifi. how can I fix this without wiping and reinstalling everything?

Advertisement
  2. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Check to see if its in caps lock, or something. Are you positive the password is correct when you type it in on your Eris?

3. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    My Eris has never connected to my home wifi. I'm 2.1v2 now, but it wouldn't connect on 1.5 either. I've seen other threads about this, but it's never been a huge deal for me so I haven't tried to fix it. It connects is other places without any problem, just not at home.

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member
    VIP Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Go into your wifi settings and tell your phone to 'forget' that particular network. Then try reconnnecting to it. This assumes that your home network is actually working correctly. You DO have other devices that are connecting OK, right?

5. isherwood

isherwood Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Male
    Web UI Developer
    St. Cloud, MN
    I had that problem for a while, too. Rebooting the phone and/or the router solved it.