WePad Android Tablet Crushes iPad In Spec Battle

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

The day the iPad was launched it got two main complaints: (1) The name was atrocious and (2) It was underpowered and lacking some simple niceities. Say what you want about the WePad name – in terms of taking the closed Apple approach and bringing it to the masses with Android’s open community nature – [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Heruohta

Heruohta Active Member

As far as tablets go, I am hesitant to buy because I can get more functionality with a Laptop at home.

The idea is really cool, and being a fanboy of Android I'm inclined to get one if it's made available in the US and the price is right.

So, what are the main advantages of a tablet?

3. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Bigger screen.

4. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Bigger screen than a laptop? Hardly...

5. Heruohta

Heruohta Active Member

Yea, my wife has a laptop with a 17" screen as compared to the WePad's 11.6". Still, like I said, I'm interested simply because I'm a geek.

6. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

The WePad screen/device is too large. The screen size needs to be between 7" to 9". The device needs to be portable, that is fit into my purse!

Edit: The overall size should not be larger than the Kindle 2.

7. seeking

seeking Well-Known Member

what they need to do is create a 12" tablet that folds in half for portability. the screen will obviously be in two seperate pieces but it will not effect anything as the screens will act as one once its flipped open. I would prefer it to dual boot android and windows though.

as for why someone would choose a tablet over a laptop, its simple. Laptops are portable computers. you buy a laptop when you need a computer anywhere anytime to perform taks that need actual computing power. A laptop is not something for recreational use, a laptop is for the businessman who needs a computer while on the road. Laptops have become a recreational type device simply because there was no other options. A tablet should be for the person who wants to browse the web, check email, and play simple games/perform simple tasks while on the go.

laptops are horribly uncomfortable when trying to use laying down or sitting with out a table...a tablet on the other hand is very easy as the huge keyboard is not in the way..perfect for recreational use

8. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I can actually see small tablets (5-7" or so) used in cars as ecm monitors, and for media playback.

9. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I think some tablets look pretty cool.

10. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

multiple manufacturers are actually working on folding screen technology