1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Weren't there supposed to be 1000's of Apps?

Last Updated:

1. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 19, 2009
    I have to say that when the Android Market tells me I can browse the "top" apps but need to use the on-phone App-finder to see it all, I am immediately Paranoid. This is precisely the Hipster-Nerd-Elite stuff that makes me go all queasy when I think of the low-hanging I-Fruit that is everything open-source is NOT. It makes a person ask, what are you hiding?

Having said this, I still expected that there would already be several large Softpedia-type sites with a google or two of applications waiting for the Android user. You know--everything that open-source is. So now I find myself looking for an alternative audio-player to find that only TuneWiki comes up more than once or twice (and with each new introduction I like the option less).

So am I looking in all the wrong places, or should I have stuck with WM if I wanted 35 choices for every type of app?

Right now, I'm feeling a bit scared...at least until my contract is up again.

2. funkdoctor

funkdoctor Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Just use the market app on your phone...I can't figure out why you are having a hard time, unless I am reading your question wrong. Tunewiki, the HTC player, imeem, theres an ipod like player that has a "n" in the name (I forget). Best way to find all this out is launch the market app and look in the category.
  3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009