West Coast Screen replacement?Support

1. Yeltnerb

Yeltnerb Active Member

Anyone have any recommendations for a west coast based screen replacement service? my wife dropped her phone and the screen broke. The glass is broken but the phone still works fine.

We are in SF so if they are local even better.

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

3. Yeltnerb

Yeltnerb Active Member

Thanks I saw that and since it is my wifes phone I just went ahead and filed an asurion claim (since I do pay for the insurance).
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Lol, didn't think of that route. Probably cheaper that way anyway. I carry it on my phones too.:D
  5. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

It only costs about $20 if you're willing to replace the screen yourself. I did it to 2 Rezounds now.
  6. Yeltnerb

Yeltnerb Active Member

Yes the insurance was $99 for a replacement (plus the cost of the insurance) versus $20 for a screen. I did not want to DIY screen replace since I don't have a lot of time these days. the local people who would do a screen replacement wanted $95 for the service, so for $4 I got an insurance replacement.

The insurance replacement was packaged in a new box with a replacement charger and cable, beats headphones, battery and a SD card. It also came with a replacement SIM card.

I had a real tough time getting the phone to activate and at the end of night last night verizon told me to take it into a store to replace the SIM and activate. Turned it on this morning and it worked fine.

So far so good.
  7. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you got the Beats headphones as part of your replacement. You can sell that for maybe $50? :p