WET EVO. everything works (except screen) HELPSupport

1. lil_shane84

lil_shane84 New Member

so my son took my evo and dropped it in the dog bowl..i do not know how long it was in there but i took it out. let it dry out a few days and powered it up. makes sounds, and vibrates, when it turned on it alerted me that I have messages. but the screen is black. is there a way to replace the screen(digitizer, lcd, whatever its called). or is it something more thats causing the screen to not work?

i dont want to purchase a part or have someone replace it if its not going to work.

please help!

EDIT-the lighting behind the home-menu-back-seach keys do illuminate

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I think you're probably out of luck, man. Although, I did drop my phone in the toilet (drunken stupor.. dont ask) and it still worked like new. The problem is, you dont know FOR SURE if its the screen. Yes, there have been reports of people succesfully replacing a screen.. but if you go through that expence and time and effort and its not really the screen.. that would really suck. Hopefully you have insurance. If you got Sprint's insurance.. you have a new/referb phone in a couple days for 100 bucks.. they take good care of ya... You did get it.. right?? Good luck man.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

It may ne too late since the phone was powered on but have you tried the bag of rice trick?