1. Download the #1 Android News App:   EarlyBird - News for Android
    Dismiss Notice

wet phone, will not chargeSupport

Last Updated:

  1. sondrestole

    sondrestole New Member

    Hi. I got my Samsung s3 wet. Was on a hiking trip, so couldnt just dry it.. had to wait till i got home. Now i have bought some electronic cleansing spray. Took all the parts out sprayed it, and used a clean toothbrush to clean all of it. Then i put all the parts back together.

    It seems like the battery is dead. It shows a battery with a circle in it for a few seconds, when i connect it to a charger. I can also press all the buttons and get it to reboot, but then it just turns off after making "low battery" sound. The screen shows the select language menu after the reboot, then it flickers or flimmers and goes black.

    Im thinking either the battery is dead because i tried switching it on right after it got wet.. ive heard that there may be a short curcuit.

    Or it could be the charging port ?


  2. funkylogik

    funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

    You could be lucky and its just the battery. If you have any lil phone repair shops around, ask them to test it for you :thumbup:

    Just had a thought, does it stay on while the charger is in? If not, phones can run while the charger is in even when you pull the battery so that would suggest its the charging port or something else thats damaged :(
    sondrestole likes this.
  3. WAWood8

    WAWood8 Well-Known Member

    Sorry -- but most likely "fried" the circuity when you turned it on. Had you let it dry out first, it might have worked.

    You can try packing it in rice for 48 hours and seeing if that makes any difference -- but I doubt it will.
    sondrestole likes this.
  4. sondrestole

    sondrestole New Member

    A good thought mr.funkylogic... Cause i dont think my phone will manage to stay on without the battery, when it cant even stay on for long with the battery. But ill try it out without the battery.

    And to mr.wawood8: Can the phone be fried when i can make it boot, it starts normally, but has no power...? All seems fine exept it DIES very fast cause of low battery. Another thing worth mentioning is that the phone was 50 % battery right before it got wet. And has 0 % now. So maybe it got drained somehow ?

    Thanks for all answers, much appreciated. :smokingsomb:
  5. Rxpert83

    Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

    Agreed. Its not the actual water that damages the phone. Its trying to power it on while wet that kills it..

    Unfortunately, you may have caused permanent damage by trying to test it before it was dry.
    sondrestole likes this.

Share This Page