Wetherbug elite

Last Updated:

1. Bloomy6

Bloomy6 Well-Known Member

Had this app from Amazon free app of the day. Saw there was an update for it so downloaded it but it said it couldn't be installed. I uninstalled the app on my phone then downloaded it again and it continues to say app not installed. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

I have had that experience with a number of apps. You get a message that there is an update, but nothing updates. Restarting/powering on/off and/or battery pulls have cleared that up for me, and sometimes just waiting until later in the day.

WeatherBug Elite is a great app, and a great companion to it is HD Widgets (because WeatherBug is one of three weather sources available with the widget.)
  3. Bloomy6

Funny thing is, it wasn't/isn't showing up in my list of apps that I purchased. I have to search for it and it says reinstall, but, when I go to install it, it won't.
  4. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

I had the same problem (also with other apps from the Amazon App store).
    I just deleted it and paid for it on Google Play; it downloaded the new updated version without problem
  5. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

I believe that if you purchase an app from Amazon, you have to update it from Amazon.
  6. regression

regression Well-Known Member

I emailed the developer and he said it is a known problem and they are working on it.
    Bloomy6 likes this.
  7. Bloomy6

Thanks for the heads up on that.
  8. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

As I mentioned, I deleted the Amazon app and then bought it from Google Play.
  9. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I got the same response. I had emailed them a few weeks back as well complaining that the Google version was updated and the Amazon wasn't and how unfair that was top people who purchased on Amazon. Guess they finally updated Amazon but did something wrong.
  10. regression

I was able to update the app. Looks like they got everything sorted out.
  11. lexluthor

Really? It's still not working for me. You updated in the Amazon store and had no problem?
  12. regression

Yes, it updated via the Amazon store on my Galaxy SII and my Nexus 7. Not sure if this matters but when I went to My Apps, then update available, I clicked the menu, more and choose refresh my apps.
  13. lexluthor

That did it. Thanks!
  14. sarimazeem

sarimazeem Member

my 3 day old htc desire's weather widgets stop working and phone is also became vary laggy......when i jump from any app to home screen it takes almost 3 seconds to load home screen's app shortcuts.