2. is_mah_yell

is_mah_yell Well-Known Member

What makes any phone a galaxy?
  3. k0nane

k0nane Well-Known Member Developer

"Galaxy Indulge"
  4. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

Well as a technical point and according to a rumor here - Samsung did release the upgrade package to MetroPCS who apparently has no intent on actually releasing it.
  5. lingming

lingming Well-Known Member

metro is not support this phone anymore 4g is down to 100k gps has never worked
  6. traajik

traajik Well-Known Member

metro can suck it, when i go pay my bill i'll ask homeboy about it but he'll just agree with me that's it's bs, besides i'm sure none of these dealers have these "upgrade" packages laying around on their computers it's probably at some metro hq.

People should colaborate and make an open-source wireless network/proxy for cellphones that's free to use with a one time fee to access the server. WTF do we pay these bastards for anyway, if everyone had skype i would defenetly never look at any of these gimmick companies again. It's all about their hook line and sinker, seriously a joke we're not even paying for their services we are paying for the name which in this case is garbage anyway.
    We dont even need to buy rights to own any towers i say we buy airspace and put up a bunch of LOSS and have them stream the service (like others are trying to do)

Anyways, To hell with em, it's all a gimmick. If there were greater consequence when your bill was due and you didnt pay it, well that'd be extortion, like the strong arm of some mafia taxing that ass for their services. i'm fed up with every company that this applies too

"metropcs service rep" -Sir your bill is due?
    "custo- "bill? for what? HAHAHAHA you crazy"
    wilsonbx198st likes this.
  7. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

WahWahWah - you want better service go pay for it. For better or for worse it isn't MetroPCS financial interest to upgrade or support the phones beyond the warranty period.

So, what are you paying - a phone/data network at a discount rate. That comes with tradeoffs, you don't like them - move on to a service that does (at whatever cost they charge).
  8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

This thread is about the update (or lack of it) to GB - please stay on-topic.

I suggest that discussion of carrier business practices is best taken to the appropriate carrier-specific forum e.g. Metro PCS.
    Hauttie5000 likes this.
  9. dongemus

dongemus Well-Known Member

SegamanXero likes this.
  10. Kender42

Kender42 Active Member

I just called Samsung and was told that Metro won't update beyond Froyo because they don't want to partner with Google or Samsung and follow the rules for older phones. Which they are allowed to do so there won't ever be an update. To "update" to GB or better you have to buy a new phone.

That is the official story from Samsung.
    SegamanXero likes this.
  11. Kender42

Kender42 Active Member

So I finally got a response on my fb post on their page and this is the answer I got:

SegamanXero likes this.
  12. lingming

So what their saying is they give the code out but it need the codes from metro in order to work and they have nothing to do with that so its kinda like they said if you want an software upgrade just pay another 400USD
  13. Kender42

Kender42 Active Member

Pretty much. They removed my post but I found a way to keep it up on the Facebook site for at least 30 days. I started with "I am re-posting this under advisement from the Federal Trade Commission, and is not to be removed for 30 days, so others can be notified of this as per Federal Anti Fraud laws in the United states (8 U.S.C.A.
  14. k0nane

You should probably try using relevant laws next time. 8 USC 1306 regards immigration.
  15. 2win spade

2win spade New Member

k0nane im sorry i call bullshit ive talked to samsung support and the all said that its still under development but as soon as it hits it doesnt matter if metro doesnt release it because Samsung said they would put it on the official Samsung site regardless of metros decision so theres still hope ps love your work looking forward to ur next updates, work
    :cool:
  16. Kender42

Kender42 Active Member

I Googled it but it was an old post. Sorry for the confusion.

I Googled it again and I was wrong. It did change to that as of June 2010. The post I had originally read had that same law as anti-fraud back in 2006. The change limited the scope of fraud to foreigners and identity theft as well as changing the law number.

Looks like I need to be more careful from now on. Thank you for the informing me of the relevancy.
  17. 2win spade

2win spade New Member

:D your welcome !!!!
  18. k0nane

Under development my fat...

The R915 update has been released, was released five months ago. It is simply impossible that an update is still 'in the works'. You have been directly lied to. This is not uncommon and was likely unintentional.
  19. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Also,I was told by a level two rep from Samsung that the update already made it to MetroPCS, but they (metro) shelved it rather than release it.
  20. Kender42

Kender42 Active Member

I JUST got off the phone with Metro and they told me that the reason it hasn't been released yet is that their engineers found problems with implementing it because of the CPU and other hardware issues.

I told them if they are having that much of a problem getting it to work then they should fire the current engineers and just hire the developers from here and XDA since they seem to know what they're doing.
  21. dongemus

dongemus Well-Known Member

Guys , I couldn't wait any longer and I got sick of metro pcs not giving me an answer. I have asked on facebook and they even deleted my question. I went to t mobile this week and got a htc one s and it is awesome. I'm only paying 117 a month for 2 lines unthrottled 4 g for the first 5 gigabytes This phone is screams!
  22. lingming

yep you might as well keep it since i found out are 4g is their unli 3g im like what
    metro just want you to buy another phone my phone has over heat or the samsung batt has blown up 10 times each time paid for another replacement phone 30 bucks if i didnt what to wait weeks
    i also think it should be open so people can DL it cause if the people at metro can't do it they better find we people or upgrade everyone one phone not offer an used downgrade
  23. deuce947

deuce947 Active Member

So we're pretty much stuck with FROYO unless we buy a new phone???
  24. Kender42

Kender42 Active Member

It's starting to seem that way. I'm trying to work with my local corporate store.

Any one have any GNU legal stuff I can take into the office with me to get them to speed up/release the upgrade? I have an appointment next week with the head manager.
  25. indulgeinsane

indulgeinsane New Member

damn and I was really getting the hang of being without a contract.. DOes Tmobile have a month to month plan somewhat like Metro.... I hate being tied down for two years. I also hate that My indulge is naughty but then again kinda nice.... Ive only had this phone for a year, anyone know how much I can try and sale it for..?