• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what about insurance claims 6 months from now

mach1man

Android Expert
Feb 22, 2010
woods of VA
With all the new phones coming out, what is going to happen to our phones if we have to do an insurance claim later on this year? I know that the droid and eris user were getting Droid 2's as replacements, could that happen to us? I like my Incredible and I don't want to get a phone through insurance that I don't like if something happens. If they ran out of Incredibles what do u think they would offer as a replacement?

With all the new phones coming out, what is going to happen to our phones if we have to do an insurance claim later on this year? I know that the droid and eris user were getting Droid 2's as replacements, could that happen to us? I like my Incredible and I don't want to get a phone through insurance that I don't like if something happens. If they ran out of Incredibles what do u think they would offer as a replacement?

We really don't know. That depends on what other phones are available, which phones are filling a warehouse somewhere or cheaper for them to buy in bulk.

If you just bought the phone you could get insurance from a 3rd party that would cash you out if you make a claim. If not, you could always try and talk Asurion into giving you a different phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones