What about the Family plan????/

Last Updated:

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

SOOOO it specifically says there will be 10 for the 59 buissness plan and the 69.99 data plan...

what about the 129.99 family plan???? will there be a 10 add-on for this, will the phone even work on this plan?!?!?!?!

answers please

Advertisement
  2. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will be an add on for each evo on the family plan.

3. BigHoss

BigHoss Member

But the plan still works right?

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Good question since I'll be on a family plan too (which is why the $10 charge may hurt me)

5. Covert_Death

yup it is my concern as well, i'll still be getting it but 10 a month would kinda suck, especially if im the only evo owner (mom just got a pre lmao and brother just got a hero, about a month ago and 2 weeks ago respectively) so i'll be the only EVO owner for a long time on this contract)

6. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Yeah I am curious about this too as we planed to have 2 EVOs and 3 cheaper phones for the younger kids and mom. I also wonder if the corporate discount takes money off the add on, because I get like 20% off.

7. Covert_Death

your %20 off is off of your total bill so yea it will be off of the 10 if it is necesary

8. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Well, the corp discount could or could not apply to the $10 4g fee. For example, the TEP fee is not included in the corp discount, though I'd lean toward the 4g fee being included with a corp discount.

9. island78

island78 Member

Would it affect a family plan even if it's an Everything data/text etc plan? I hope not. Get a discount through work and there'll only be one EVO(mine =P) but with 5 lines, 10 bucks is 10 bucks, feel me?

10. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

It's been reported now that the $10 is optional for 4G and the other lines on a shared plan is not affected IF the Evo4G service is active.

I chatted with two Sprint CSs earlier and one confirmed that, the other couldn't find his elbow with...

11. BrianFX

BrianFX Well-Known Member

Ugh, getting a 5-line family plan with 5 EVOs (sibling coming over from att & vzw). No one is going to be happy if it's $10 extra per EVO, but it's looking like that's the case...

12. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Well-Known Member

I have a 4 line family plan so this concerns me as well No way am I raising my bill by $40 per month. I'll go to T-Mobile as soon as they get a phone I want.

13. BrianFX

I wonder how the EPRP plan will play into all of this.. I'd certainly give up the corporate discount for EPRP if the $10 EVO tax is waived on that plan..

14. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

Seems $10 fee is mandatory for each EVO on a plan.

My question is now though, Can the EVO be used on the Everything Family Plan? I just returned my Hero to wait for the EVO, but the salesrep at the store said he is unsure whether or not the EVO can even be used on the Family Plan. Anyone hear anything about this?

15. Covert_Death

i called a sprint rep and all they said is it would work on my current plan and the 10 would be tacked on for every evo... i have the 1500 family data everything whatever blah blah blah so it SHOULD work

16. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

Okay cool. I too have the Everything Data Share 1500 Plan. ($129.99 /Mo)

I personally don't mind the extra $10/mo. I expected the EVO to be priced much much higher than $199. The one thing I am disappointed about is the $30/mo Optional fee for Wireless Hotspot. :(

17. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I never expected it to cost more than $199-249 up front. Wireless hotspot is a moot point because it is a premium service so they are expected to charge for that like they always have for special PAM plans. If you want basic USB or wireless tethering, there are free or cheap options available. Since this is optional and they can legitimately say they are the only ones offering a 4G hotspot service, I don't mind them charging $30 for that. I mainly feel bad for the folks who want to use the phone and live in 3G areas. They are stuck paying more and may give it a miss. More a bad move for Sprint than anything. I'm kinda miffed but I do have 4G and I will use it so I guess I will pay. If someone comes out with a similar service for less in the future then I will switch as Sprint will have ceased to be the best bang for my buck.

18. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

Actually teh discounts should be towards any reacurring charge. For ex.. for my family plan I have 2 lines and get 25% that charge and then I have 2 add on line that I pay 19.99 for ea. and I get 25% of each 19.99 plus I get 25% off the equip 7.00 charge for ea phone that has eqip. So any charge that I get that is monthly and reacurring I get 25% of that.

Not sure that how all discounts work though!

19. sandroid

sandroid Member

Well essentially you are paying what you expected for the phone -- an extra $120. So $320 for the EVO 4G. Sound about right?

20. BrianFX

Corrected

$10 * 24 month contract = an extra $240.

21. Covert_Death

corected

$10*12 = an extra $120

... with the evo you become a premier member, getting your upgrade again after only 12 months... if you decide to keep the evo for however long after that it will be 10 per month after that but that is technically optional because at this point you have the option to get another phone (likely at that time to be 4g as well and also carry the 10 fee if they havn't revamped their plans by then )

22. wndrshwzn

wndrshwzn Well-Known Member

add 10 bux to your bill per evo....

23. hitekalex

hitekalex Well-Known Member

That's an interesting piece of info.. So assuming EVO v2 is released by next summer.. I can upgrade to that for another $199, and then sell my old EVO for say $320 on eBay.. So then I basically wipe out that extra $10/month fee altogether.

Sweet!

24. Covert_Death

yea pretty much

25. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

If you can sell an old Evo for 320 when Evo 2 comes out then man you are one hellofa hustler!!!