• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What about this Swype deal?

Thanks for the info...just wish there was a demo for that. I'd love to try it, but can't get the feel of it in Androids 15minute trial window.

Amen!!!

I swore I would not be "buying" any more apps with this new policy and I caved and bought Flight Tracker last week and it worked great for the first couple of hours.

It is now a week since I first left for my trip and it is STILL giving me updates on my flight from 1/11! Of course now I am out $5!

Anyway, back on topic...

Upvote 0
The new Shapewriter is out, its called FlexT9.. 4.99 in the market

I am in Australia and I can't download the Flex T9 app. I have tried doing it with a QR code and manually through the browser on the phone.

Market returns the message: "There are no matches in the Android Market for the search: pname:com.nuance.flext9.input"

Does anyone know what is going on?

Upvote 0
I have Swype installed on my Incredible (2.2) and it works perfectly.

On your phone's browser, go to this site to sign up for and download Swype for Android:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

If you get lost, there is a link on that site with step-by-step instructions.

Keep in mind that if you update your firmware (or root the phone, I discovered) Swype will stop working and you have to completely uninstall/reinstall it. No big deal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones