1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

What about this Swype deal?General

1. Hello, new Incredible user here. I would like to use the Swype method for entering text but when I go to the marketplace there area bunch of apps listed with Swype in the title.

Which one do I want?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. nick8519

nick8519 Member

you dont get it in the market. you have to sign up for beta (if still open) on beta.swype.com.
  3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

You can also try a couple of other similar keyboards: Slide IT, better keyboard, and Shapewriter (not on market), these are all swipe keyboards.

EDIT: looks like ShapeWriter isn't "available" anymore. By which I mean it's out there to find, but not from any official source.
  4. octoberdana

octoberdana Well-Known Member

I used Slide It for awhile and I liked it. In fact I liked some things about it better than Swype.
  5. gparadox

gparadox Well-Known Member

The new Shapewriter is out, its called FlexT9.. 4.99 in the market
  6. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info...just wish there was a demo for that. I'd love to try it, but can't get the feel of it in Androids 15minute trial window.
    jayjay1122 likes this.
  7. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Amen!!!

I swore I would not be "buying" any more apps with this new policy and I caved and bought Flight Tracker last week and it worked great for the first couple of hours.

It is now a week since I first left for my trip and it is STILL giving me updates on my flight from 1/11! Of course now I am out $5!

Anyway, back on topic...
  8. bstavropoulos

bstavropoulos Member

I am in Australia and I can't download the Flex T9 app. I have tried doing it with a QR code and manually through the browser on the phone.

Market returns the message: "There are no matches in the Android Market for the search: pname:com.nuance.flext9.input"

Does anyone know what is going on?
  9. cscolley

cscolley New Member

I have Swype installed on my Incredible (2.2) and it works perfectly.

On your phone's browser, go to this site to sign up for and download Swype for Android:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

If you get lost, there is a link on that site with step-by-step instructions.

Keep in mind that if you update your firmware (or root the phone, I discovered) Swype will stop working and you have to completely uninstall/reinstall it. No big deal.