What accessories have your gotten or ordered for the Sprint HTC HERO?

Last Updated:

1. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I just got my HERO on 10-22-09...I had the HTC TOUCH PRO. So far this is the best phone. A lot better then the Instinct when it first came out. So I was trying to see if anyone has ordered any accessories as of yet. I already had this case when I got my Touch Pro. It not only holds the Sprint HTC HERO with room for a protective case, but also a place for your drivers license and up to 3 credit cards or credit type cards, like a membership card

Amazon.com: Universal Wallet Leather Case w/ Credit Card Holder & Clip, Large: Cell Phones & Service

It's cheap too:D

I just ordered this protective case

BLACK RUBBERIZED SNAP ON HARD CASE-SPRINT HTC HERO CDMA - eBay (item 180422444411 end time Oct-27-09 12:05:53 PDT)

again cheap...:D

I know the HERO comes with a data cable and wall charger that you plug in the data cable into....but the one I have with my TOUCH PRO is worn and I plan on selling my touch pro and also I can take this charger to work until they have a desktop charger for it.

CAR+HOME CHARGER+USB CABLE FOR HTC SPRINT Hero GOOGLE 3 - eBay (item 120480461248 end time Nov-12-09 15:35:37 PST)

And I wish HTC would have included a screen protector like they have in the past with other phones, but got this one...again cheap...

HTC Hero Sprint INVISIBLE SCREEN PROTECTOR SHIELD - eBay (item 170396698553 end time Oct-26-09 13:55:48 PDT)

Advertisement
  2. Hero_fan

Hero_fan New Member

While I have not bought the Hero just yet, I have found what I believe is the best place for the accessories.

Sprint HTC Hero Accessories

I am waiting for our regional carrier, Cellular South to put out the Hero. Supposedly on Nov 1st! The wait has been excruciating.

Hope this helps.

3. AndroidFTW

AndroidFTW New Member

I got a 2nd USB cable, walked into a sprint store, asked how much one cost, they didnt have one so they just gave me one from the back!

4. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

Will any USB cable from previous HTC phones work as long as the phone hook up is the same? If this is the case, I will find a cheap one on amazon or ebay.

5. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

I went into Sprint looking to buy a car charger and they didn't have any "HTC" specific. They told me a Blackberry charger would work with it. Luckily my wife has a Blackberry.:D

6. deviouskoopa

deviouskoopa Active Member

I bought a Zagg Invisible Shield for mine... it does it's job (very durable), but I'm disappointed in how difficult it is to install. I tried my best, which is above average (so idk how some people would install it), and there are still some dirt/imperfections between the shield and screen. Yes I washed my hands and the screen and applied the included "shieldspray", but it was still tricky to install just right. Next time I'll probably just stick with no screen cover :/

7. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

How necessary is a screen protector on the Hero? I've read that the screen is just like the iPhone which is pretty resistant to scratches.

I have considered getting the BoxWave Anti-Glare mainly because I like that it doesn't show finger prints and it seems easier to slide my fingers on because of the type of material it's made out of.

8. fullcity

fullcity Active Member

Wow, that's great info, thanks. I thought I was going to have to buy another car charger, but it looks like any one that uses a standard mini USB connector should be fine (like the one I have already for my Magellan GPS). Here's some more info I found on the HTC connector.

9. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Any will work. Also try cellphoneshop.net. Cheap prices..

10. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

The plug on the HTC Hero is compatible with the USB Mini-A plug. While it's not shaped the same, it has the correct space and connection for the plug.

11. Nanan

Nanan Active Member

Electrically the HTC plug is a Mini A USB plug.

For my night stand I have a 110v -> 4 USB converter thingy I got at best buy and for the cable I am using the controller charger cable that came with my PS3, it is a big heavy duty Mini USB cable that is like 6 foot long.

I got a Zagg screen protector and a 16gb Class 6 MicroSDHC card for my phone thus far, I have been thinking about getting a jelly body protector but have not seen any in stores yet.

12. dvalmont

dvalmont Active Member

Yay for the plug info! I thought I was going to have to buy another probably marked up cable as I use this phone in many places and hate carrying around the usb cable. Accidentally grabbed the wrong one and didn't even realize it until much later as despite the shape, yeah, the little usb cable works fine!

I bought the case protector mentioned in the original post and it's pretty nice. No protection for the screen itself, but my phone is a little thicker and feels a bit more rugged. Also comes with a belt clip you can optionally connect to it, haven't yet.

I picked up the HTC to Video Out RCA cable from Amazon.com. At the time I ordered it and wrote my negative review it was advertised as working on HTC Hero. It doesn't, and they've since changed the description and gave me an RMA number to return. Didn't do a thing, no signal at all.

I picked up the Bracketron Grip-It Mobile Device Holder for my vehicle. Mounts in multiple ways but I have mine in the heat/ac vent. Holds Hero fine, have to hold it slightly lower on phone to avoid hitting volume keys, but holds nice and snug. Mount able to rotate 90degrees so you can use landscape mode also.

What's the best MicroSD card we can put in these phones? I heard 32gb, anyone running one of those?

13. bray424

bray424 Well-Known Member

With the the current Sprint Nav and the upcoming nav for Google Maps, I'd really like to see some sort of car bracket. So far I've only seen a universal one, which looks too big and bulky for the Hero.

You'd have to REALLY need the extra space for music to justify buying a 32gb card at this point, they run for $130+ where as a 16gb card can be had for around $40. If / when they allow apps to be stored on the memory card, now that would be a different story.