10.3%
  6. 51-60

3.4%
  7. 61 and up

2.6%

Last Updated:

1. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ive been trying to decide how to set this up. Just curious of the age group of everybody, and who is most likely to buy the Evo. Im 17.

Advertisement
  2. dtokarz

dtokarz Active Member

42 here

3. andddlay

andddlay Well-Known Member

and i'm 20 :D

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

20, but i think it is more for the young male than teenager, so i'd say 18-25 and really i'd even go as far to say just 18+ i think we will see all ages with this phone kinda like the iPhone

5. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Well, I'm older than anyone else in this forum, but I've been promoting the phone heavily for months. I really think the EVO will go mainstream and it will be adopted by law enforcement, emergency medical crews and anyone else that needs a good, fast Internet connection. It's not just for young men! The ladies might adopt the white version faster than the men do. At least I plan to buy the black version.

6. earldriscoll

earldriscoll Well-Known Member

How do you know you are older than anyone else in the forum?

7. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I'm a 19 year old college student. Like Covert said I think the majority of the users will be 18+

8. billsmed

I thought it would be obvious by looking at my avatar. That's a fairly recent picture. Do you think you're older?

9. earldriscoll

earldriscoll Well-Known Member

I'll add an avatar. My guess is that we are in the same ball park.

10. billsmed

If people really want to know my age (and I can't believe you really care) I gave in that other poll.

11. Shoemeister

Shoemeister Well-Known Member

I'm 24.

I'm thinking more the 22-30 range, but it will attract a nice mix of ages. Definitely folks in their 30s and 40s, too. The one thing I thought of immediately when the EVO was announced: "Finally, a specced-out phone with balls that ADULTS can enjoy!" It's a sophisticated piece of machinery that still manages to retain both a cool and fun factor.

This won't attract a ton of teens, IMO. They're too busy either buying into the onslaught of Droid marketing from Verizon, or taking whatever they can get from their parents, most of whom are probably buying them phones like the EnV Touch as a compromise because "they don't need all that other crap."

12. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

I'm 28 and working on grad school. Though I've lusted after a smart phone for a while, it's only recently that I've moved far enough into the "need" spectrum to justify the expense. Been seriously looking for the last 4 months or so, and by that time I felt like waiting until the 2010s came out made more sense than going after something that was rapidly becoming last year's news.

My guess is that the Evo's will appeal to the more adventuresome / customization-hungry of the BlackBerry users and a good portion of Droid users (maybe some women that got turned off by squarish / mannish look of that phone). I agree that most parents won't spring for one of these just so the teens can text til their hearts are content. So I'm guessing 25-45 will catch most users, though the same might be said of all smart phonesm

13. billsmed

Yup, older than dirt, just like me. I'm way past the age group people are mentioning and I'm getting the EVO 4G. What about you, Earl?

14. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

32 here, although perhaps 33 by the time the phone comes out depending if it's early June or early July when all is said and done. Been using smart phones ever since I went back to college around 25 or so and really benefited from the extra organization gained from always having all contacts, calendar, and access to info on a single device in my pocket. Since then I've watched these things finally get to the point we have all been moving toward since those early Treos and PPCs. Hardware is getting fast and cheap enough to allow mobile devices to overtake some of the desktop computers I was using not even 10 years ago.

15. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

45 and EVO bound baby!!!!!!!

16. neodorian

I couldn't afford this stuff in my teens. $200+ phones and $70+/month plans were out of my range during college. I was glad to find $5 to spare for keg party cover charge on the weekends :)

17. Shoemeister

Shoemeister Well-Known Member

Haha, Amen to that.

18. neodorian

But I'm also joking. I get that these are more common now. We had hand-me-down 386 and 486 computers but people maybe 10 years older would never have imagined having their own personal computer in college.

19. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

it helps that i got a job at age 15. and i leased my own car at 16. my cell phone is the only thing i dont pay for. its cheaper for us to be on a family plan.

20. ashtx07

ashtx07 Well-Known Member

20 here ... Yea and I think it'll be more for 18+

21. modern

modern Well-Known Member

25 and turning 26 next month. Damn, I'm getting old.

22. RydiaOfMist

RydiaOfMist Member

I'll be 25 end of may. Hoping for the EVO to be released then so I can convince people to contribute for my birthday present. ;p

23. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

23 around the time of release. I work in IT so I kinda need this lol.

24. Norwester

Norwester Well-Known Member

54 though I look much younger in my avatar pic. :cool:

25. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

closing in on 40 real fast, but i still play video games and say "that's what she said," so my chronological age is not a good indication for poll purposes.