• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What am I doing wrong with my battery?

Thats not a bad thing... When you rebooted the phone it couldn't of miscalculated the battery problem plus you are using a game that requires a good bit of processing power... 3% is not bad 30% is bad...

Three percent over less than two minutes, at that rate i'd have less than an hour of battery life.

Upvote 0
What brand is it? I have two giant batteries-

1) Seido 3400mAh Platinum 2x battery
2) Random Chinese 3500mAh battery.

Guess which one actually lasts? The Seido. If it's a cheap brand, it's more than likely going to not work properly. If it is a nice battery, it more than likely just needs to be cycled a couple of times.

When I got my Seido, I turned it off, charged it for 12 hours, and then started using it. Much to my surprise, it drained to 60% in just a couple of hours. Kept using it normally, and when it got to 4%, it stuck there. Eventually, I resorted to playing a looped Nyan Cat video with the brightness all the way up and all the radios on, and Maps running. Took almost two hours of that to finally get it to shut off. After about a week, it started reporting the correct percentage. Now it lasts close to 6 hours screen on with radios running the entire day. Easily the entire day normally.

Also, AOSP ROMs read battery wrong sometimes for me. Try rebooting once and see whether it changes.

Upvote 0
Thats not a bad thing... When you rebooted the phone it couldn't of miscalculated the battery problem plus you are using a game that requires a good bit of processing power... 3% is not bad 30% is bad...
Did you read what i said? It could of been a temporary miscalculation try playing for half an hour and see the percentage then. also Try doing battery cycles with your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones