what am i doing wrongGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i am trying to do the 2.1 update ... i know another one of 'those' threads well this is a forum after all ;)... so i downloaded the link from the posrt by Jrz and i put it on my sd card. i guess that is the only thing that i could be doing wrong ... can someone tell me exactly where to put it. i just put it with all the main folders but everytime i go to update i hold the end and send keys and then when it tells me i do the hboot(hold volume down) and then lines of text come up and i really only have time to read it for a sec bc it goes away and gives me the option to fastboot or recovery but i think i read

'no img!' or something like that but i dont know exactly. any help would be much appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Caddyman had the easiest to follow instructions in this post: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/24622-eris-v2-x-when-51.html#post403096

3. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

um what i did was after it was on my sd card i powered down my phone i powered it up by holding the vol down and power button at same time went to hboot and hit the track ball. it went and did its thing from there...and u drop the file onto the card just on an open space , not in any folder .

4. ericDylan

that is what i am doing. i guess it could be that i have a messed up rom download. or could it be that something that is saved on my sd card messed it up ... should i erase everything off of it to do this. or should i format it? if i were to need to format it then how? ... i know its alot of questions but thanks in advance :)

5. jdog94

jdog94 Well-Known Member

put it in the main SD card folder not in one of the internal folders
    power off then mash the send and end to bring up the menu

6. ericDylan

I am pretty sure it is working ... I figured it out ... it is because i downloaded it a couple of times and my computer automatically name it pb00img(2).zim and I guess the phone didn't recognize it but thanks guys

7. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

wow... not to be harsh but are you sure you should be doing this?

8. ericDylan

Considering I already did it and am re-downloading my apps as I write I am going to go with 'yah Im sure'.

9. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

ok cool man....ya had me worried