• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What app is constantly syncing my contacts??

wes78

Sep 11, 2010
Samsung Captivate:

All of a sudden, in my notifications area, there is something that is almost always "synchronizing my contacts". This just all of a sudden appeared. I didn't download any app for this, and my contacts don't even appear in gmail.

Anyone know what is doing this? I'm always worried about what apps send all my info out. Something seems fishy.

The icon that appears on the top left is gray and spins.

S.O.S.

Samsung Captivate:

All of a sudden, in my notifications area, there is something that is almost always "synchronizing my contacts". This just all of a sudden appeared. I didn't download any app for this, and my contacts don't even appear in gmail.

Anyone know what is doing this? I'm always worried about what apps send all my info out. Something seems fishy.

The icon that appears on the top left is gray and spins.

S.O.S.

Have you looked at the accounts listed under Settings - Accounts & Sync and checked timestamps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones