1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

What app is constantly syncing my contacts??

Last Updated:

1. wes78

wes78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Samsung Captivate:

All of a sudden, in my notifications area, there is something that is almost always "synchronizing my contacts". This just all of a sudden appeared. I didn't download any app for this, and my contacts don't even appear in gmail.

Anyone know what is doing this? I'm always worried about what apps send all my info out. Something seems fishy.

The icon that appears on the top left is gray and spins.

S.O.S.

Advertisement
  2. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the accounts listed under Settings - Accounts & Sync and checked timestamps?

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Install TrafficStats:

TrafficStats - Android app on AppBrain

It shows how much data apps send and receive, so if there's an app constantly syncing contact info, it should show up on the list after a little while with a fair amount of data in/out.

4. wes78

I have the sync for gmail and twitter to "off". Even when I disable background data it happens.

Android worries me... I feel like it's designed strictly for data collection...

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest

OP: When you say that your contacts "don't appear in gmail", what do you mean? Do you not have any numbers "stored" on your phone?

6. wes78

I mean if I go to Gmail.com I don't have contacts stored in there. I can't figure out what is syncing! This started happening BEFORE I installed Lookout.... WTF!