what app is this sms notification from?General

Last Updated:

1. itzsalane

itzsalane Member This Topic's Starter

i'm trying to turn off this notification but i can't figure what app its from. i disabled the notifications from the default messaging app and from chomp. i don't (at least i don't think i do) have any other sms apps, but i can't seem to get rid of this notification. help!

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

In chomp or messaging do you see this SMS in your list? If so can you delete it?

3. itzsalane

itzsalane Member This Topic's Starter

yes, i see the text in both chomp and the default messaging app. i can also delete the messages in either app. however, the notification only goes away if i click "clear notifications."

i'm thinking about just resetting the phone because it has also been running slow and i've been wanting to do a reset anyways.

4. dkaufman1

Actually I think that the notification isn't like other apps. Meaning when I use Chomp I think the notification "sticks" even when I visit chomp. I have to hit clear notifications manually.

5. 92drls

92drls Member

Any insight on this yet? I got my-MyTouch yesterday and have Chomp but I get 2 notifications, one from the provided sms source and another from Chomp. Any way to make the Chomp a default or something?? Or is that for rooted devices?

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Go into the setting and turn notifications Off ... this should keep the default SMS from notifying you ...

It works for the app SMS PopUp so assume that it should work for Chomp ...?

7. dkaufman1

I have SMS Pop up, Chomp and of course "messaging" native app. I might have another few SMS tool too. The trick is that SMS is a unique backwards tool in Android, since the technology is not based on things they wrote from scratch, but rather adopted from the existing protocols.

As such, only 1 app can be a notifier. Pick your app. I have Messaging and chomp set to not notify me and SMS Popup set to notify me with audio. The other apps I mentioned also have the SMS notification turned off too.