what app or program do i need to remotly access my pcSupport

1. Live2Race

Live2Race Active Member

What program do i need on my pc so i can remotely access my pc from my inc 2 from anywhere? I cannot seem to find what i need.

i wanna be able to access my files and transfer them possibly

thanx guys

Advertisement
  2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Been meaning to try polkast. If anyone has tried it, let me know what you think...
  3. jacwashere7

jacwashere7 Well-Known Member

I use an app called Teamviewer. Its free for Android, Windows, and Linux.. Very useful
  4. TheAtheistReverend

Is a $15 app that much better than the free ones?
  5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Well, it is listed here under "Best Apps". :D
  6. Live2Race

Live2Race Active Member

I think i am going to try PhoneMypc today after work, from what i have been reading about it, its well worth the $15. will keep you all posted
  7. TheAtheistReverend

So, waddya think Live2Race? Is it worth it?
    Btw, what operating system are you running on your PC?
  8. picord

picord Well-Known Member

I've used team viewer and for being free it's a good app.
  9. Live2Race

Live2Race Active Member

Sorry i have not gotten it yet, been really busy with work. I think i will give it a try tomorrow as im finally off. I am running Windows 7 64bit
  10. Live2Race

Live2Race Active Member

i use Team Viewer all the time on my pc to help other peeps out with there pc, but its still limited when it comes to streaming videos and music you do not get the sound on the other end.
  11. TheAtheistReverend

I haven't been able to set up a VNC viewer to work properly and I wonder if it is because I am using USI wireless/Minneapolis Public Wireless for my connection to the internet. I believe it is currently not possible to have a static IP address with USI wireless. Anyone know if that would cause issues? I can only imagine it is, but I really have no experience with this.
  12. Live2Race

Live2Race Active Member

i am really am not sure if the wireless would affect it or not, but when i set mine up i will try it to my desktop wired and wireless and let you know how it works.
  13. TheAtheistReverend

It isn't that I am using a wireless network in-home, It's that my ISP is wireless. Instead of Cable or DSL the city of Minneapolis has a network of wireless antenna all over the city. I have an account with USI (the contracted servicer/builder) and can access the internet from anywhere in the city by Wifi. Pretty sweet actually.
  14. SusieQ228

SusieQ228 Member

I am trying to connect using Polkast now and came here to see if anyone else tried it. It seems to good to be true.

Everything seemed to set up fine, but when I log in from my phone, it just hangs at "Connecting to PC..."
  15. TheAtheistReverend

Polkast failed for me too. I think it worked fine until I had added my whole library. I think I overloaded it.
    Still looking for something...