What app will give me a choice of lock screens?

Last Updated:

1. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any app out there that any of you non rooted HTC Hero users use to get a different style of lock screen? I would like a different unlock, so I am trying to find an app that offers the iphone style unlock, or really anything other than the stock unlock animation.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member

their is an app that is called lockbot that does exactly what you're looking for.

you can have the hero, iPhone, Droid or nexus lock screen.

their is a free version and a paid. the paid one gives you access to the nexus one and gives you the android grid style unlock pattern v. the free one which gives you numbers.

its not as great as you think, unfortunately the lockscreen is part of the Rom so all this is doing is launching an app every time you turn the phone. so it takes 2-3 seconds after you turn it on to prompt you to unlock it.

scottmbolt likes this.
  3. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. Exactly the answer I was looking for. After hearing that, I will just stick with the stock pattern.

4. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

Lock 2.0 is better than Lockbot IMO.

5. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

I would recommend not using lock 2.0....it froze up my whole phone and i had to clear everything out of my phone.

6. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

That's weird because I have had no problems at all. I know numerous people that use it too.

7. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

I have used lockbot Pro - for $1.99 it does a pretty good job and gives you tons of options. I notice about a one second delay on startup, it is hardly noticeable. I would say download the pro version for $1.99 and give it a try, if you don't like it, then request a refund within 24 hours and google will refund your money.